PDA

View Full Version : Mach2

alpha
28-04-2007, 09:33 AM
How do all, anyone here play with prommy mach2?

I have one in from a local guy with the instruction of, swap out 134a for 404a and tune for quad, what I really need to know though is, what is the standard cap tube size and how long is it?

Failing any info from here I will reluctantly visit XS.

Many Thanks.

4Qman
15-05-2007, 06:19 PM
Tunning with R404a is a wise choice. Nice discharge pressures and more ideal running 24/7 than straight R402a which some do.

When tunning the Mach it would be more recommended to tune for Quad core CPU's as these are now the latest in CPU technology. However they produce a lot of heat, around 250w+ compared to a dual core of around 200w loaded.

Tunning the Mach2 "Danfoss NL11 compressor" it would be recommended to use 92" of 0.28 cap tube. I would also recommend changing the Evaporator and adding a Accumulator to help with Load temps and discharge pressures.

Any more help just post and i will do my best to help out.

David

alpha
17-05-2007, 02:35 PM
Hi, thanks very much for the pointers, much appreciated.
I have a few evaporators here from a few people and some cap tube, but, the guy that owns the unit ideally wants to stick with the stock evap setup as its apparently very easy to mount and seal with seal string. I think he has a chilly evap somewhere and from what I get from our conversation it sounds a little bit of a pain in the a&$e to mount with the foam donught thing, prommy evap set up has some plastic holder thing which looks lots easier to me. Anyhow, going to reclaim the stock gas change drier and fill with 404a then stick it onto me load tester and see what we get. I have a feeling it's not going to pull amazing temps but we can only have a play and see..

Once again, thanks for the help.

4Qman
23-05-2007, 08:11 PM
I hate the stock Evaps. They don't perform as good as the Chilly Evaps. If he wants the original then easier for you :D

What are you planning to tune it for mate. 200w ?

alpha
24-05-2007, 08:18 AM
Hi, I do indeed plan for the 200w ish mark although I have read heavily overclocked intel quads may chew a bit more power than that supposedly. I think the limiting factor will certainly be the evaporator so I guess I will tune for the best possible and see what the owner thinks but I have a feeling that in the long run a bigger condenser and a stronger evap is the way to play it.

Time will tell I guess :)

4Qman
26-05-2007, 05:22 PM
Most certainly use a bigger Condenser when tunning for Quad Core.

Tune for 230w-260w for Quad core. I use a SC15 on my custom SS and its tuned for 200w @ -38oC and its -28oC on 230w. This is with a condenser a little bigger than the Mach. Using R404a and some R402a :D