PDA

View Full Version : Fujitsu or not?

LRAC
27-04-2007, 11:23 AM
Had a very good looking brochure put through the door by a company building european Fujitsu units, the unit models differ from the usual Japanese Fujitsu model numbers.

I'm not sure whether it is the re-launching of the old name of Fuji Electric.

Have any members experienced these new Fujitsu eurpoean units.

Any views greatly appreciated.
Kind regards
LRAC

bobjob
27-04-2007, 10:03 PM
Fujitsu or Not ?

What is the name of the company supplying the units ?

I have had some Fujitsu units from a company called Eurofred and the only thing different from units supplied by Fujitsu in the UK was the model numbers

The sales engineer has told me that Eurofred are the largest supplier of Fujitsu A/C unit in Europe and because Fujitsu have not pushed the equipment, they have started to sell units in the UK

I always found Fujitsu technical helpline crap but these guys seem OK

regards bobjob

momo
28-04-2007, 02:23 AM
Fujitsu, General, Hyasu, Fuji Electric same stable yard but like with *bks American coffee shops the more outlets the greater your presence on the market... also different distribution networks and target markets... Airwell, Electra and ?? (can't remember) ; Carrier also seems to have a second brand names.
Any body else come across other other similarities and varieties of references to basically the same machine?
Not to mention that the re-badgeing of containerfuls of A/Cs - a real boom even in the UK I see now!
(Pity I didn't register "momo" for an A/C make; Just off to check:D...)

LRAC
28-04-2007, 07:55 PM
What is the name of the company supplying the units ?

I have had some Fujitsu units from a company called Eurofred and the only thing different from units supplied by Fujitsu in the UK was the model numbers

The sales engineer has told me that Eurofred are the largest supplier of Fujitsu A/C unit in Europe and because Fujitsu have not pushed the equipment, they have started to sell units in the UK
regards bobjob

yep the brochure is from eurofred don't know anything about them on prices or spares stocks anybody have experience with dealing with the company?

Regards
Lrac

momo
29-04-2007, 01:02 AM
Eurofred is pushing Fujitsu quite a bit as a public name, there are equivalent model names under different "makes". The basic question is: how well set up is the company in the UK, evidently it is catching in on Global Warming in the UK and is an alternative to unsupported imports. In South West Europe it is big and well established and structured, however, sometimes they get short on stock and sometimes muddle things like all big orgs.:rolleyes:

Andy W
29-04-2007, 07:49 PM
I spoke to the Eurofred guys at the RAC show, very well rehearsed in the art of hard sell, talk the talk, lots of promises, fantastic discounts but I prefer to deal with my usual Fujitsu distributors Oceanair at Mansfield, never had a problem with them and they are always at the end of the phone if you need them, I for one will stick with what I know.

sinewave
30-04-2007, 06:18 PM
I'm with you on that view Andy!

We too source our Fujitsu gear from Oceanair and are very happy with them.

I was quite surprised though to find that the ASY07/09/12 Inverters are cheaper by £25 than the equivelent LG units! :eek:

Quite shocked me that as I prefer to avoid LG unless an existing install forces otherwise! :(

afc
25-08-2007, 10:32 PM
The brand that Eurofred are trying to sell in the uk are Fujitsu units. They are the sole importer in Spain on a very large scale. They now have a set up here with 7 distributors apparently and are competing against the existing Fujitsu distributors. The model numbers are similar apart from the fact that they have the kW in the model number and not the Btu's. Eg. An ASYA12L wall mount would be a ASY35L.
They have been knocking on my door, sometimes two blokes at a time without an appointment, professional eh!!!! I have been dealing with FM Air Con for years, their technical support is second to none and their deliveries and stock are excellent...... There's is no way I will be changing my distributor, whatever the price......

Makeit go Right
26-08-2007, 01:38 PM
...There's is no way I will be changing my distributor, whatever the price......

Anyone know what the price differences are, roughly. ie are they significantly cheaper or the same price?

I'd expect them to be significantly cheaper if they are trying to poach from/compete with the established Uk distributors.

Always good to have a second cheaper price when ordering from your usual distributor - nothing like a bit of healthy bartering.

koy
26-08-2007, 02:15 PM
I live in, Spain, and use, Eurofred, a lot, A big company here in, Spain, I dont know how long they have been going in the, UK, but I recomend them. If I have any probs in, Spain, and can't understand the tech support guy in Spanish they just transfer me to the, UK, very good support and I'v had no probs with them in 4 years.

Just one other thing though, they only do: 1) General (fujitsu) Witch are marked with the, BTU'h, in the product code, 2) Fujitsu (Exactly the same as, General, but, General, are cheaper, why I havent got a clue) these are marked up with the, KW'h in the puduct code. These units to me are starting to fall behinde with the likes of, Daikin, whos quality, technoligy, looks are excelent although you do pay a little more for this. Fujisu, units seem like they are stuck in a time warp, they haven't changed for years and starting to look dated and slightly bulky, although I can say the, Inverter, units are very reliable and quite aslong as your looking at wallmounts, the ducted units from, General/Fujitsu, are massive, heavy and noisy compered to other brands.

afc
26-08-2007, 08:48 PM
Eurofred have the same retail price as Fujitsu uk but are offering slightly higher discounts. Their service is terrible though, not one of their sales guys in the uk has an ac background, shocking!!! Shouldn't be allowed......they have no tech support here and deliveries are very bad. Stick with the uk distributors, they know what they are doing..... I disagree that the Fujitsu design hasn't changed, it has greatly improved with the introduction of the inverter range. The J Series is excellent and the new V Series is looking good too. Daikin are the biggest but who wants to deal with a large organisation like that, the smaller distributors deal with you on a more personal level, who wants to be a number??!!!

frank
27-08-2007, 10:28 PM
, who wants to be a number??!!!

Certainly not The Prisoner http://www.portmeirion-village.com/en/features.php?id=24&MID=38

Brian_UK
27-08-2007, 10:34 PM
AFC, you seem to have a real bee in your bonnet about this one.

Do you have an interest in it somewhere?

cool flake
27-08-2007, 11:33 PM
The accolade I can give is for Fujitsu systems three and single phase, is that we fit them and forget them that is to say, touch wood, we haven’t been back to a system because of any type of failure. Over 150 systems fitted in last18 months I can’t fault them and the back up is excellent and most importantly local. Recently we had a new system 8 months old that was fried due to a voltage spike caused by a local electrician (440v into the AC 220v circuit )ARGHHHH. Eurofred exchanged the unit no questions asked ( not normal in spain )
As for the esthetics I agree the external units are ugly metal boxes, as are in my opinion the other manufacturers products . BUT the reliabily is what my customer have come to expect and i make a decent margin and can still be competitive . As for noise levels the inverter systems ie ABG,AUG,ACG etc are super quiet but more importantly they withstand the conditions that we have in our corner of Spain ....
Ps This forum is excellent and it is nice to know that there are other sad individuals out there !!!

RedEye
29-08-2007, 09:45 AM
I heard that Eurofred and Fujitsu UK will be soon one of the same!