PDA

View Full Version : FootPrints

lana
27-04-2007, 10:30 AM
One night a man had a dream.
He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Across the sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene , he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand: one belonged to him, and the other to the Lord.
When the last scene of his life flashed before him, he looked back at the footprints in the sand.
He noticed that many times along the path of his life there was only one set of footprints.
He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in his life.
This really bothered him and he questioned the Lord about it.
Lord, You said that once I decided to follow you, you’d walk with me all the way.
But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life, there is only one set of footprints. I don’t understand why when I needed you most you would leave me.
The Lord replied, “My precious child, I love you and would never leave you.
During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.”

chillin out
27-04-2007, 08:59 PM
Nice story Lana.

Chillin:) :)

US Iceman
28-04-2007, 03:50 AM
But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life, there is only one set of footprints. I don’t understand why when I needed you most you would leave me.

It seems to me someone lost their faith for a short while and needed some reassurance. Faith and confidence go hand in hand.

A very good short story lana.;)

Samarjit Sen
28-04-2007, 04:55 PM
I had read it long time back and distributed copies of this to a number of my close freinds. It is one of the most wonderfulsaying. Not only that, it is applicable to all of us. We face the same things but do not realise.

Lana I am very happy that amongst all the problems of life specially the refrigeration engineers whose work is thankless, you brought in this wonderful story.

lana
28-04-2007, 05:02 PM
We face the same things but do not realise.

I couldn't agree with you more.

Life experiences have proved that sometimes we were carried by someone during bad time, but most people take it for granted.

God Bless
regards
LANA

The MG Pony
29-04-2007, 04:00 AM
I would disagree and have heard that and very funny twists that match reality far better.

A friend in life will out way all the faith in the world.

Samarjit Sen
29-04-2007, 03:45 PM
Dear The MG Pony,

As you will experience life and time passes by, you will realise that this story has and is being experienced by all in some time or the other in their life.

At this period of my life, when i get the time from my work and try to go back through my life and the experiences that I had gone through, I realise that there could be nothing more truthful than the story narrated by Lana.

With best wishes

US Iceman
29-04-2007, 05:10 PM
A friend in life will out way all the faith in the world.

Friends are important, but if you shift your responsibilities to their shoulders the problems are still yours.

Reality is what you make of it. Your concepts are not always the same as others. However, most reasonable people share a common reality.

lana
29-04-2007, 05:15 PM
most reasonable people share a common reality.

Nothing more to say....

Regards

The MG Pony
30-04-2007, 04:17 AM
One should bear their own responsibilities, as stated.

As for reality we discover more about it through science every day, :)

Abe
01-05-2007, 08:04 AM
Life experiences have proved that sometimes we were carried by someone during bad time, but most people take it for granted.

God Bless
regards
LANA

Just offering someone some advice on RE to a problem is being carried.

Dont take anything for granted, be appreciatitive for even the tiniest morsels