PDA

View Full Version : PLC control retrofit

Triggerman
27-04-2007, 04:42 AM
Howdy, y'all. I am a technician for a major contractor that handles HVAC and Refrigeration of all sizes. We are looking into the profitability of offering our customers updated PLC control systems for their respective controls needs. The system we are considering would give us:

Centralized and/or standalone control.
System monitoring from any internet computer without special software.
System generated status/trending e-mails.
Cost effective alternative to "custom" BAS systems.
Most or all of the programming could be canned.

Our problem lies in not being able to find anyone else doing this. Is there another company out there offering relatively low cost control retrofits?

Thanks for your help.

Triggerman:cool:

NoNickName
27-04-2007, 07:27 AM
Are you just interested in monitoring equipment already controlled? Or are you interested in a complete PLC for regulation and remote management?

wambat
27-04-2007, 07:40 AM
Triggerman Try this: http://www.computrols.com/manuals
or call them , there very frendly:)

connor115
27-04-2007, 09:43 AM
Triggerman try Newlyme Controls. They have a website under newlyme dot com I think. Their new Fridgewatch unit is fully embedded windows pc controlled, so can be easily internet connected.
connor115

Triggerman
28-04-2007, 03:34 AM
Are you just interested in monitoring equipment already controlled? Or are you interested in a complete PLC for regulation and remote management?

I am interested in a retrofit to control HVAC/R systems and convert from some other control or simple pressure switch operation. But mostly I am wandering if there is anyone out there doing this like we plan to offer it.

Triggerman Try this: @@@@@@@
or call them , there very frendly:)

Their site looked very interesting and I am anxious to hear back from them. Thanks for the info.

Triggerman try Newlyme Controls. They have a website under newlyme dot com I think. Their new Fridgewatch unit is fully embedded windows pc controlled, so can be easily internet connected.
connor115

This looks very interesting and I have sent them e-mail as well.

Thanks for all the info guys.

Triggerman

"Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they can't get it wrong."

US Iceman
28-04-2007, 03:39 AM
Hey wambat,

Very nice to see you on here again.;) I hope everything has been OK?

wambat
28-04-2007, 07:13 AM
Hey wambat,

Very nice to see you on here again.;) I hope everything has been OK?

Hi Iceman and all everything is well with me and mine I have been very busy at school setting up a DDC program and writing grants to get more money. I Have been perusing the site from time to time and I have missed those foreign blokes :D