PDA

View Full Version : Gree Air-conditioners!

sinewave
26-04-2007, 10:18 PM
Customer has bought a Static Caravan for living in for the next 6-8 months for a self build and wants a 'Cheep Tat' Heatpump fitting.

We've had a mailshot from ACD Direct today marketing these Gree A/C units.

£185.50 for a 2.6kW Heatpump unit on R410a, although it's not an Inverter!

Worth a punt? :D

Brian_UK
26-04-2007, 10:55 PM
Looking at their website, they look OK at that price.

As long as your customer understands that it is a "cheapo" job and not to expect a lifetime guarantee.

ConDor
12-05-2007, 09:32 PM
I have seen quite a lot of these, mostly with faulty compressors and leaking condensers.

momo
13-05-2007, 03:29 PM
Regretably, if it is the same distribution company as in Spain its operation could be described cheap flood the market and scarper - a local outpost disappeared recently even before the summer season... It seems even their "sales and service men" were left behind.

When will people be realistic about business costs and sales margins on machinery? If you cut new unit prices you either cut back on quality/services/distribution etc. or increase the price of spares - the car/light goods vehicles market is another example,...

airconadam
21-05-2007, 06:01 PM
you can get fujitsu heatpumps for a couple of hundred quid iwud giv them ago got to be better than them adam

old time fridgy
08-06-2007, 03:46 PM
I visited the Gree factory in China several years ago looking at cheap options for the company i was with then and found them to be "cheap and cheerful". Just remember their is no such thing as a free meal, you end up paying eventually. Do they have the back up and spares and like previously stated, they are cheap for a reason and that reason is not that the suppliers are doing you a favour is it?.

chickenexp
14-06-2007, 01:28 PM
yep ive done a few and the first 2 i did had broken recever pc boads ..haha and geting the part forget it ..

LRAC
14-06-2007, 02:17 PM
Will the static caravan electrical supply support the amperage draw.

Regards
Lrac

sinewave
15-06-2007, 10:08 PM
Will the static caravan electrical supply support the amperage draw.

Regards
Lrac

We put a Fujitsu Inverter in in the end for that very reason! ;)