PDA

View Full Version : hitachi problem

airconadam
25-04-2007, 05:48 PM
hi fellas just wondering if any one knows what this fault code is i went to the controller today and it was flashing a1 03 e0 now ithink that this is a split unit and havent got the outdoor model due to restrictions:mad: to get on the roof you know how it is with all this health and safety if any one could help would be great thanks

Brian_UK
25-04-2007, 07:05 PM
Hi Adam

Try this link for some error code lists

http://airconwarehouse.co.uk/Techmanuals.htm

paddyaircon
25-04-2007, 07:05 PM
means u bought a hitatchi oops !!!

airconadam
25-04-2007, 08:31 PM
thanks brian good help transmission error so that says from indoor to outdoor should be fun thanks

Brian_UK
25-04-2007, 08:45 PM
thanks brian good help transmission error so that says from indoor to outdoor should be fun thanksCheck the wiring, of course, but make sure that you look at ALL of the wiring. I have found damaged cables where they enter the condensing unit and chafe on the casing or pipes.

Also does the control wire go through a high level switch of a condensate pump ??

Could also be something stupid like the outdoor unit has lost it's power due to someone turning off the switch :( (it happens;) )

airconadam
25-04-2007, 09:06 PM
excellent brian thanks alot again:D

al
25-04-2007, 11:03 PM
if the outdoor has a seperate power supply to the indoor unit this fault will appear if the outdoor power is tripped

Al

airconadam
26-04-2007, 05:43 PM
:D hi went to the job again and your correct to say tha al they both have there own power supply got to the outdoor but there was no power checked the isolator to ensure its not faulty then try and find the mcb not easy when no one knows were anything is anyway found it and turned it on when i returned to the outdoor unit i put the isolator on and straight away it tripped the mcb chekced the compressor down to earth but it wasnt so i checked the resistance and only got resistance across on 2 windings which i thought thats not right checked the contacter seemed to be fine took the windings off the compressor and turned everythin back on and it ran ie outdoor fan etc so it looks like the compressor gone thanks for all your help if any one has different thoughts by what ihave said then by all means let me know as it will help me thanks guys

Brian_UK
26-04-2007, 06:34 PM
Well you've found the fault now you've got to find the cause.

Check that the contactor contacts are making correctly under power not when you push it in.

If it's single phase then check the capacitors.

Have a sniff of the gas, if it smells 'off' then watch out, get someone else to do the repairs;)

frank
26-04-2007, 08:21 PM
Well you've found the fault now you've got to find the cause.

Check that the contactor contacts are making correctly under power not when you push it in.

If it's single phase then check the capacitors

It's always good practice to replace the contactor on a 3 phase compressor and change the capacitor on a single phase compressor if you are replacing a broken compressor.

airconadam
26-04-2007, 09:38 PM
thanks agin fellas think iwil ring the office tommorrow and get a contactor aswel thanks alot