PDA

View Full Version : fridge too cool (not any more...???)

tr-str
24-04-2007, 09:56 PM
hi
i have a Liebherr "Miele like" refrigerator (KGT4043 Comfort with ...R600) with a too cool fridge room. I isolate the problem to the sensor that is behind the wall. Actually I got the sensor out of its place, so as not to touch the wall (dangle in the air) and finally the fridge seems to work fine!!!
I put a thermometer inside the fridge and I watch the following:
1. the temp goes from about 3.4oC to 13.8oC
2. the cycle is about 10 hours
3. it takes about 3 hours for the compressor to get the temp from 13.8oC to 3.4oC

My questions are :

is that cycle and temp range normal?
is there any possibility to damage the compressor or any other part?
do u have details (p/n or model no) of that sensor?
do u advise me to change the sensor or can I keep it that way (in the air)?
Thank u anyway for your help

Best Regards
Trifon

The MG Pony
25-04-2007, 02:13 AM
Sounds liek you had a leak.

Symptoms of a leak are: Un-usualy cool inside the fridge with longer cycle time, and as time goes on the cycle time gets longer and the temps get warmer.

tr-str
25-04-2007, 04:04 AM
Sounds liek you had a leak.

Symptoms of a leak are: Un-usualy cool inside the fridge with longer cycle time, and as time goes on the cycle time gets longer and the temps get warmer.

I remind u thats its an r600 fridge and also i have to say that after moving out the sensor to the air the cycle is quite steady...

The MG Pony
25-04-2007, 05:11 AM
R-600 is no different then any refrigerant in such capillary system.

N-Butane should get into the -region for the freezer box and fridge box to 4-3C. If it is the first time it is plugged in several hours would be normal but 10 hours seem rather long.

I'd place a bunch of water filled jugs in the fridge and see how well it handles pulling down the water and see its temp. I'm not too familiar with R-600 (Are you sure it is not R-600a?).

tr-str
25-04-2007, 02:55 PM
R-600 is no different then any refrigerant in such capillary system.

N-Butane should get into the -region for the freezer box and fridge box to 4-3C. If it is the first time it is plugged in several hours would be normal but 10 hours seem rather long.

I'd place a bunch of water filled jugs in the fridge and see how well it handles pulling down the water and see its temp. I'm not too familiar with R-600 (Are you sure it is not R-600a?).

first of all i 'd like to thank u for your time...
- i check the refrigerant and is actually R-600a
- i have already put a thermometer into a glass of water for several days and I can say that the water temp is lower about ~3oC than the mentioned temperature of the air temp. Moreover temp fluctuations general are better.

Do u advise me though to put a larger “bunch of water filled jugs” or anything else?
Is there a any possibility to damage the compressor if it works for 3 hours continuesly?

The MG Pony
26-04-2007, 05:03 AM
? 3 hours is rather odd, but ya, fill up any empty space with water as it will help to smooth out temp flux and help it cool down. I recommend to most to keep water jugs in their fridges as you loose less power every time you open the door as the air exchange is so small.

Then again R-600a has small capacity so perhaps 3 houres is average, perhaps invest in a new temp sensor.

tr-str
26-04-2007, 10:09 PM
? 3 hours is rather odd, but ya, fill up any empty space with water as it will help to smooth out temp flux and help it cool down. I recommend to most to keep water jugs in their fridges as you loose less power every time you open the door as the air exchange is so small.

Then again R-600a has small capacity so perhaps 3 houres is average, perhaps invest in a new temp sensor.

thanks for your advise