PDA

View Full Version : Removing fan motor on new Daikin Wall-Mounts

Makeit go Right
24-04-2007, 09:05 PM
One of my engineers told me today that to replace the fan motor on the new Daikin Wall-Mounts, you have to remove the evaporator. How's that for state-of-the-art, "top of the range" kit?

adams?
24-04-2007, 11:04 PM
when you say 'remove' do you mean cut it out and then repair afterwords or just move it out the way?

Makeit go Right
26-04-2007, 12:09 AM
when you say 'remove' do you mean cut it out and then repair afterwords or just move it out the way?

Pump down etc, and cut the evaporator out, handle problem with fan/motor, then refit the evaporator (repair) afterwords.

Abe
26-04-2007, 09:51 PM
Pump down etc, and cut the evaporator out, handle problem with fan/motor, then refit the evaporator (repair) afterwords.

That is definately not a good thing.
I hope its not true

and Im not arguing or questioning what you say Make it, but I would think Daikin should know better

Temprite
27-04-2007, 12:26 PM
The latest Daikin wall mounts that I am working on are the easiest to change the fan motors on.

You dont have to move the evap at all, just loosen the grub screw on the fan and remove electrical box and motor housing and the motor comes out.

robin r33 gtr
15-05-2007, 10:28 PM
I remembered this post from a few weeks ago.

Today i went to fit a new fan motor on a daikin wall mounted unit. I had to remove all the eletrics undo all the screws for the evaporator coil and lift the coil up with one hand and pull the fan motor out with the other. I phoned daikin and asked them. They replied in the service manual it says remove the evaporator coil to get to the fan motor. It took me 2 hours of struggling this is stupid.
If i do this again i will quote the job for 2 engineers. one to hold the coil up and the other to hold the scroll and fan motor.
But for the price and time you may aswell just fit a new indoor unit.
I also think this wallmount was on a vrv system so you would also have to reclaim all the refrigerant.

bebad
24-05-2007, 06:33 AM
lift the evap up is the best way, very poor design, cant see why. Tis true.