PDA

View Full Version : Brown or Black plastic box trunking

alex242
23-04-2007, 10:13 PM
Hi,

Would any of you guys know where I can get any brown/black box trunking to hide my air con pipes in.

I would be grateful for any info

Thanks
Alex

monkey spanners
23-04-2007, 11:10 PM
I think dean and wood used to do it (inoac?) in different colours but they shut my local branch so haven't bought from them in a few years.

Jon

Paulajayne
24-04-2007, 12:23 PM
hi

http://www.theplasmacentre.com/index.php?cPath=289&icid=N092-3168572-120LEVAPPC10165=N&cpgn=67

Temprite
24-04-2007, 12:59 PM
Why not get your local sheet metal shop to fold it in colourbond.

Cheaper and in my opinion looks better.

Electrocoolman
24-04-2007, 02:52 PM
I think dean and wood used to do it (inoac?) in different colours but they shut my local branch so haven't bought from them in a few years.

Jon

I think that D&W stock INABA DENKO (japanese). I have used it for some time now. Have also sprayed it to colour match certain walls with success.

Adrian.

skatedoctor
24-04-2007, 07:34 PM
There is a company here in the UK which now does different colour trunking. Its used for homes instead of the normal white trunking, and also had curved lids etc.

Ive forgotton the make, but ill get back to you on it.

Dean

alexdouglas1969
24-04-2007, 10:14 PM
City Electrical do it in black but they 'have to order it in' as usual...

alex242
28-04-2007, 10:45 PM
Hi Guy's

I would just like to say thanks to all who gave advice as it has helped me out no end.

MANY THANKS.

Makeit go Right
06-05-2007, 08:46 PM
Depends on the application but we have used black rainwater pipe to conceal fridge pipes.

Works okay on vertical drops (sometimes), and also can give a good look to domestic runs dropping out of the eaves.

sinewave
06-05-2007, 10:21 PM
We've just used the Black 75mm x 75mm Box trunking for 5 Fujitsu Inverters.

Made a good job on a Victorian Town House!

Karl Hofmann
06-05-2007, 11:32 PM
Square rain water downspout works well, mount the pipes to the wall using your usual method and then cut out the back section of the downspout (leaving all four corners so that it doesn't look like you have hacked it about, if you see what I mean) fit it over the pipes and fasten using downspout clips... Neat job and available at 10 to 5 on a Friday afternoon

Abe
07-05-2007, 09:48 AM
Square rain water downspout works well, mount the pipes to the wall using your usual method and then cut out the back section of the downspout (leaving all four corners so that it doesn't look like you have hacked it about, if you see what I mean) fit it over the pipes and fasten using downspout clips... Neat job and available at 10 to 5 on a Friday afternoon

Karl

This drainwater /gutter angle has got me thinking, I bet a lot cheaper than the stuff they sell at the wholesalers as well.

Would love to see some pics please

Thank you

Abe

Karl Hofmann
07-05-2007, 10:06 AM
Abe,

I'm afraid that I have never taken any photos of this home made trunking, only used this a couple of times as I try to put the unit as close to where the pipework comes out of the wall wherever possible. I do a lot of domestic installs these days and if I can avoid using trunking, then it contributes to keeping the price down but it still is important for me to do an attractive job