PDA

View Full Version : Our office central AC cycles every 27 secs...

Vincent9993
23-04-2007, 03:06 PM
My boss seems to think this is normal but sitting in my corner office and being clesest to the unit is driving me nuts!

Our lease agreement is a little vague and we have agreed to do most of the maintenance ourselves. This being said, what is a possible cause for this 'normal' problem? What can we tell the tech and/or landlord?

It runs for 27 seconds and stops for 27 seconds. The office does cool down but I suspect the outside air being colder (15-20 deg C) is the reason the office cools down.

Please help an employee who's about to loose it!!!

lana
23-04-2007, 03:12 PM
Hi there,

Try to change the thermostat setting. If cut-in and cut-out setting is close, then this would happen.
Good lock:)

Vincent9993
23-04-2007, 03:24 PM
Thanks for the suggestion... I set the heat to 10C and the cold to 21C and the problem persists.

I will try to set it to 'cold' instead of auto to see if it changes the behaviour.

From your suggestion, I presume you think this is thermostat related?

Thanks.

lana
23-04-2007, 03:27 PM
Hi,

Is the unit heat pump?

What do you think stops the unit? Thermostat or some kind of fault?

Cheers

Vincent9993
23-04-2007, 03:30 PM
To be perfectly honest, I have no idea what the unit is or what it looks like. (I could describe the noise it makes ;-)

Again, not sure what the source of the start/stop issue is.

Setting thermostat to 'Cool' instead of Auto did not fix the problem.

lana
23-04-2007, 03:37 PM
I don't need the Brand name.

Is this unit heat the air in winter?

Are you an A/C guy?

Cheers

Brian_UK
23-04-2007, 06:51 PM
Just a thought, is it actually the compressor that stops or is it just the condenser cooling fan?

If the cooling is working then it may just be the fan controls.

See if you can place a thermometer near a cold air outlet to see what is happening to the temperature.