PDA

View Full Version : Electrolux fridge/freezer alarm

mcreighton
22-04-2007, 08:10 PM
Both the fridge and freezer compartments appear to be working OK. However the high temp alarm light is flashing continuously (no audible alarm though). In addition the freezer on light is off, and the super button appears to have no effect.
I have completely emptied and defrosted the unit and left it with both doors open for 48 hours. No change.
Since it appears to be working OK this may just be an irritant, but I would like to fix it if possible.

Paulajayne
23-04-2007, 08:33 AM
Both the fridge and freezer compartments appear to be working OK

Appear???

What temps are you getting in each compartment?

It may be just a display problem.

Paula

colicool
23-04-2007, 09:14 AM
Hi, it would appear to be a problem with the pcb but this would give you a lower than normal freezer temp?

mcreighton
23-04-2007, 10:24 AM
Appear???

What temps are you getting in each compartment?

It may be just a display problem.

Paula

I haven't got an independent thermometer in each, but the freezer display shows colder than -18 (although given the state of other lights on the display, who knows). No temp display for cold cabinet, but it's cold.

Kylma
23-04-2007, 12:56 PM
what kind of refrigeration control is used?
Mecanical or eliwell, carel?

Kylma
26-04-2007, 07:58 AM
It seems as you have ignored/solved the problem.

Anyway if it is a digital control... The hightemperatur alarm is often related to the temperature set point. So if temperature set point is "-18" high temperature alarm would be "8" if high temperature alarm shall be at "-10"..

Alecs_engineer
26-04-2007, 08:03 AM
re
just re

peregolf
09-08-2008, 05:50 PM
I have electrolux fridge/freezer and audible alrm goes off every other day with red light visible even though both are in fully working order. Some one once said it was due to tiny power cuts ie nothing else is interuppted but is enogh to trip the fridge. any ideas?:confused: