PDA

View Full Version : LG Technical Support

hendrag
16-04-2007, 08:50 AM
Hi im the technical manager for Lg electronics, ive trawled the forums and have come to the conclusion that alot of engineers are not exactly happy about lg tech support. Hopefully I can help.

LG Air Conditioning UK now has a technical Hotline Service for Contractors and engineers; – this is manned between 0830-1700hrs weekdays. We expect this service to handle all types of technical calls and issues on all aspects of air conditioning installation; from pre installation queries, through to problem solving with existing sites.

The services can be accessed via a lo-cost telephone service 0870 8720791 option 4, or send us your question by via sms/text to 07624 818 794

In addition an automatic SMS Fault Code Service is already running providing a rapid text response with fault diagnosis service. To access this 24/7 fault code messaging service all an engineer need do is text the 1,2 or 3 digit numeric fault code to 07624 818 794 and they will receive a brief description of what the fault code means and the necessary remedial actions. Or, text ‘Help’ to the same number for further instructions.or you can send me any questions from this site

If you need help with commissioning or more detailed easy to use fault diagnosis info go to our engineers web site all the ws mylg.co.uk this site is designed to be simple and easy for engineers to use so theres no pretty pictures, sorry.
I hope you will be alot happier with the tech suport on Lg units in the future. send me your comments

regards

Graham Hendra

LG Electronics UK

Latte
16-04-2007, 08:22 PM
Thanks for the info, it is much appreciated.

Its all been quiet on the forum about LG recently, i think most people vented their frustration at RAC.

Hopefully, things have improved now but will keep the phone number handy just in case ;)

Regards

Raymond

frank
16-04-2007, 08:30 PM
After all the frustration about LG it is nice to see that the Company is now starting to listen to the engineers who have to work with the equipment and is doing something positive to help and maybe build some bridges.

Well done Hendrag and good luck with recruiting the 10 support engineers you are currently advertising for.

LRAC
17-04-2007, 05:26 PM
Well done Hendrag and good luck with recruiting the 10 support engineers you are currently advertising for.

Lets hope so, everybody knows my view on LG but the power of the product has got me in to a family arguement.

A Good friend of mine is a wholesaler for LG and we have a good laugh that i never speck LG, but his tactics changed when visiting the office, he showed the wife a new product (gallery Unit) and hey presto order placed for LG unit for the bedroom.

I hope to god LG has improved or this could be it.

Kind regards
LRAC

cool#9
17-04-2007, 06:49 PM
Thanks to hendrag i followed your recommandation for my uu100 / uu72 and they run well.
For LG i think they are not enough preventive safety device but the components are good so we have to take care to power supply, refrigerant leakage, etc.
I think we could be surprise by this kind of brand in a near future.
cool#9

Abe
17-04-2007, 07:46 PM
Thanks to hendrag i followed your recommandation for my uu100 / uu72 and they run well.
For LG i think they are not enough preventive safety device but the components are good so we have to take care to power supply, refrigerant leakage, etc.
I think we could be surprise by this kind of brand in a near future.
cool#9

Maybe thanks to RE they got their finger out
:D

momo
18-04-2007, 12:37 AM
Locally our LG supplier's technical service has a good reputation !!!
The trouble I find with LG is its very fiddly to install in predictably adverse conditions like walls that are not flat nor consistent (cement brickwork either crumbly or SOLID:mad:) and the piping has to be right to the mm! So they are "offered" when someone is design orientated.
Regretably the gold protection they put on condensers still lacks the quality of the blue on old Carrier units nor the quality of aluminium of other makes regularly mentioned on the forum.

davej
18-04-2007, 08:17 PM
you know i hate to say it but we have never really had any problems with the lg we have used! on 1 system the relay had a fault once and on a multi split the unit shows a fault code when one air handler is set to heat when the others are set to cool which is poor but apart from that nothing to moan about really.
boy we must be lucky!! should we do the lottery?

marc5180
20-04-2007, 06:07 PM
9 out of 10 Lg units that iv worked on have some sort of problem, i dread when i get a service call to an LG unit and its not going to change any time soon

Andy W
21-04-2007, 02:43 PM
Its all been quiet on the forum about LG recently, i think most people vented their frustration at RAC.Or people have replaced them with a better brand.

Andy W
21-04-2007, 02:47 PM
After all the frustration about LG it is nice to see that the Company is now starting to listen to the engineers who have to work with the equipment and is doing something positive to help and maybe build some bridges.Too little too late in my case, I have had too many problems with no back up at all, still makes my blood boil and has cost me a lot of money, I dont think they could ever persuade me to try the brand again, even the vacuum cleaner and microwave I had from my smilie points failed within 12 months, I abonded the rest of the points, a reliable product with no incentives will sell it self.

Abe
21-04-2007, 05:57 PM
Or people have replaced them with a better brand.

I would think design changes take a long time, more than setting up a helpline

l'robot
24-04-2007, 09:29 AM
Is this the start of LG going direct and losing the distributors?

Temprite
24-04-2007, 01:07 PM
LG Tech support here is O.K.

Problem is the chap who answers the majority of the calls seems to have about three calls going at the same time.
(The fact that he is so busy doesnt suprise me).

At least they have a tech support line.

The MG Pony
24-04-2007, 09:54 PM
Interestingly enough this is the second Lg person to pop up in the forums.

Andy W
24-04-2007, 10:51 PM
Interestingly enough this is the second Lg person to pop up in the forums.The first one..............I will keep my comments to my self but I beleive according to an LG representative at RAC 07 they were glad to see the back of him.

The MG Pony
26-04-2007, 09:54 PM
Not too happy with his antics where they?

reaveyo
31-03-2009, 09:37 AM
Hi Hendrag,

I've got an LG aircon/heating system with artcool units in the rooms, one of the units seams to be playing up and I'm getting a CH 7 message on the little led screen on the unit - what is this problem and how can I fix it - there is no reference to this in any of the manuals and I cant find a solution on the websites, can you help

Thanks

Oliver

AbsoluteWDJ
31-03-2009, 07:45 PM
Always used Hawco refrigeration...There polite and helpful....Still need alot of convincing that this product will come good. That logo winking,;) annoys the hell outta me as well!!:rolleyes: It's like he knows something you don't! :p

back2space
31-03-2009, 11:39 PM
LG, Unlucky GOldstar!

My system got fitted in June, its taken them a year to agree tehre is a problem with the system control strategy, and my installer states they have tested a board on their bench and they are sendign a new board up to him now.

uses far too much electric and doesnt work right in heating mode. THe system wont ramp down enough and uses more elecric if onl one unit is in operation.

p_p
03-04-2009, 10:52 AM
Hi Hendrag,

I've got an LG aircon/heating system with artcool units in the rooms, one of the units seams to be playing up and I'm getting a CH 7 message on the little led screen on the unit - what is this problem and how can I fix it - there is no reference to this in any of the manuals and I cant find a solution on the websites, can you help

Thanks

Oliver

Hi Oliver

If it is a multisplit the first unit switched on is the cooling/heating master, the master tells the outdoor what to do, if condenser is in heating and slave is set to cooling cho7 will pop up, if master is switched off the next longest running unit will be the master.
To clear fault turn off unit at remote, then turn it back on and change mode.

If it is a single split 07 code relates to compressor overcurrent.

Hope this helps

Regards

PP

back2space
03-04-2009, 05:21 PM
Dont even get me started on LGs mulitsplits! They sent out a new board to installer, then they fitted it today! Exactly same faults!

I am livid i just want the damn thing taking out and Mitsi or something decent that will work!

beagle
03-04-2009, 07:39 PM
back2space, if my memory is right, you've had problems with that system for as long as I've been browsing these boards. If you haven't already, I'd suggest you speak to Mr Hendra directly, if that's unsatisfactory drop me a PM and I'll give you some additional contacts to try.

AbsoluteWDJ
03-04-2009, 08:24 PM
Dont even get me started on LGs mulitsplits! They sent out a new board to installer, then they fitted it today! Exactly same faults!

I am livid i just want the damn thing taking out and Mitsi or something decent that will work!

Hi back2space

Life is short and not always good.....Live and learn! You could contact Graham Hendrag and he might reply, but he doesn't design the machine. I'll be surprised if you receive a logical solution to this issue but let us know if this happens because I've had the same questions asked by a few customers before...

stefs_cruiser
06-04-2009, 06:00 AM
Unless I am mistaken the back2space job is where the units were oversized?
If so, you can hardly hold the manufacturer responsible?
Equipment should be used as intended......

hendrag
06-04-2009, 09:27 AM
i would love to help but have ceased my employ with LG so its not appropriate for me to continue giving tech support on these systems. the lads i the office are very good they will surely help you

regards
hendrag

multisync
06-04-2009, 09:38 AM
i would love to help but have ceased my employ with LG so its not appropriate for me to continue giving tech support on these systems. the lads i the office are very good they will surely help you

regards
hendrag

Graham

What happened??

eggs
06-04-2009, 10:43 AM
Graham

What happened??

Exhaustion, due to Edited out by the moderator. This is a forum that goes world-wide :D......seriously though good luck Hendra with whatever you do next.

eggs

multisync
06-04-2009, 05:52 PM
Exhaustion, due to Edited out by the moderator. This is a forum that goes world-wide :D......seriously though good luck Hendra with whatever you do next.

eggs

Not just him gone either, from what I was told..LG in trouble ??

p_p
06-04-2009, 05:57 PM
Hi All

Heard on the grapevine hendrag has gone back to Space.

multisync
06-04-2009, 06:14 PM
Hi All

Heard on the grapevine hendrag has gone back to Space.

Reunited with another forum member then??

eggs
06-04-2009, 06:51 PM
Exhaustion, due to Re-edited by EGGS, :o non obscure version:rolleyes:trying to make a nice shiny silk purse out of a sows ear :D......seriously though good luck Hendra with whatever you do next.

eggs

is that better?? phew, some people.

sinewave
06-04-2009, 07:24 PM
Rat / sinking ship? ;)

back2space
06-04-2009, 08:23 PM
LG = Total crap systems, totally crap tech support!

Whilst I was on the phone to Mitsi Today asking about some units, I was on the phone an hour having a really good chat about the systems.

LG would tell you anything to get you off the phone!

There full of rubbish!

Have they ever made any good products?

Brian_UK
06-04-2009, 11:35 PM
:off topic: - Sort of... :)

Now that we know that Hendrag is no longer with LG I feel that it would be wise to close this thread and maybe delete it to reduce the chance of him being slagged off by people who do not read the whole thread.

He has tried in the past to help where he could but obviously cannot any more.

We can always start up a new thread for complaints to settle in.

Any thoughts guys ? (Clean answers only please :D)

back2space
06-04-2009, 11:52 PM
I dont think people are slagging him off directly, more the the point of the company he represented whilst on the forums.

I recently have had Mr Hendra try to sort something out for me, he was supposed to come back to me with some answers but after 2 phone calls to him and him saying he was going to call me back have heard nothing.

I appreciate he wasnt on technical helpdesk side of things any more so was prob busy with other things but if cant help someone or dont want to help someone dont give expectations to them that you know you wont keep.

p_p
07-04-2009, 08:20 AM
Come on Graham everyone on here is dying to know why you are no longer with LG.
Remember this industry is a small world, better to come from yourself than via the bush telegraph.

Good look with Space.

PP

nike123
07-04-2009, 12:47 PM
:off topic: - Sort of... :)

Now that we know that Hendrag is no longer with LG I feel that it would be wise to close this thread and maybe delete it to reduce the chance of him being slagged off by people who do not read the whole thread.

He has tried in the past to help where he could but obviously cannot any more.

We can always start up a new thread for complaints to settle in.

Any thoughts guys ? (Clean answers only please :D)

I agree with thread closing.

Argus
07-04-2009, 12:56 PM

Quite right.

It's degenerating into an exercise for disgruntled LG users.

I'll say it finally - if you have a beef with a product, pursue it through the statutory channels - if you want a question answered, ask away, but this forum is not a place for hanging people out to dry.

Thread Closed.