PDA

View Full Version : flooding from konka split

afeef
16-04-2007, 05:59 AM
dear all
i am installing konka split unit 2 tons, i install the indoor part horizentall by bubble leveling gauge,connecting the drain pipe to outdoors(horizentaly with the refrigeration pipes) after half hour of operation the inoor part start throing water from its external fins to the ground, any ideas why?
thanks and regards:rolleyes:

unibar
16-04-2007, 07:06 AM
If drain pipe running horizontal for long distance without any fall there may be build up of condensate.
Should be vertical fall from indoor unit before horizontal pipe run.

afeef
16-04-2007, 10:31 AM
thanks unibar
the pipe run 2 meter horizental ,then it goes vertical to outside, in the manual it is noted to run the drain pipe with the refrigeration pipe, there is 2 opening in the indoor unit for running the pipes, one at left the other at right

Brian_UK
16-04-2007, 11:21 PM
However long the pipe there must be some fall or gradient along the length to allow the water to flow.

afeef
19-04-2007, 07:31 AM
yes brian,you are right.
i ask civil engineer who works on sewages, she tell me it must be 1% slope, means 1cm. slope each 1m length of pipe, also i find in split catalogue; the hole in the wall must be sloped downwards 5-10mm, the drain pipe must not curved upwards. i will do by these instruction and inform you next few days.
all regards

Brian_UK
19-04-2007, 07:29 PM
Afeef, it depends on the appearance within the room but it sometimes improves drainage if the drain is taken verically down from the unit before turning to go through another hole lower down.

Mean more work - sorry.