PDA

View Full Version : Please help us!

ster
15-04-2007, 09:47 AM
Hey guys my name is Sean. I am a mobile HVAC technician working in Iraq contracting for the army. We normally only deal with vehicles but because of where we are we have been asked to help with a mobile cooler. We fixed some busted lines and recharged the system (404) and it started working perfect. The system is a thermo king set up on a reefer container. All was working good and we put it outside to test run it. After running for a while it shuts itself off and a warning light comes on. Heres our problem We have no manual. The check engine breaker pops and we dont know why. We checked coolant, oil, pressure, fuel everything we can think of. We contacted the manufacture but they said a manual will take a few weeks to get and send to us. The problem is the soldiers with us have to make 2 runs a day for ice back to a bigger FOB and it is through a very nasty area. We have already lost 2 guys because of this convoy. If anyone has a manual or wire diagram for our unit we would be so thankful. Here is all the information we have on the plate. Container is AAR mobility systems ISU 96RC it was manufactured in 2003. The reefer is Thermo king (no serial number) with the Thermogaurd 5 micro-proccessor and a 493 cubic cm motor. The proccessor number is 5d43306g01 I think. It is worn out. Any help would be great! Thank you in advance.

northern-tech
15-05-2007, 08:12 AM
Hey Sean,
Possibility that the breaker itself may be faulty ?? Could you take a load reading, and verify that amperage, compared to the breaker rating.?

smpsmp45
15-05-2007, 09:16 AM
Does that Unit have a Defrost heater.
We have seen that if the defrost heater is Short, the breaker pops.

Ofcourse that shall happen almost immediately when you start the Unit.