PDA

View Full Version : women

headgasket
14-04-2007, 10:23 AM
Hi i was working in my local town this week, on a call, as i was getting a part out of my van, a young mother came up to me and asked me if i could drive her car, as she said, she could not get the car into reverse, so i went over to her car full of screaming kids, after 10 mins of trying to get the car into reverse i looked down at the gear stick, then looked round for a camera, the knob was upside down.

taz24
14-04-2007, 11:50 AM
looked down at the gear stick, then looked round for a camera, the knob was upside down.

Bless her:)

A friend of mine used his gear stick as the ultimate in car security.
He was able to remove it.
So he always left the car in first gear and took the stick with him.

taz.

taz24
14-04-2007, 11:55 AM
Hi i was working in my local town this week, on a call, as i was getting a part out of my van, a young mother came up to me and asked me if i could drive her car, as she said, she could not get the car into reverse, so i went over to her car full of screaming kids, after 10 mins of trying to get the car into reverse i looked down at the gear stick, then looked round for a camera, the knob was upside down.

For the benifit of our cousins over the pond!
The gear stick is the sticky upy pointy thing between the driver and front seat passenger that the driver uses to MANUALY change gear:D.

Cheers taz.;)

Argus
14-04-2007, 01:41 PM

Mark 3 Ford Cortinas had a detachable gear stick..... at least the one I had did. It came off in my hand changing up from second gear driving up the M4 slip road at Slough.

So, there I am entering the motorway in third gear and the stick, complete with all the bits on the end, still in my left hand.

So, what happened next?