PDA

View Full Version : The way a head

bernard
13-04-2007, 11:19 PM
Hi

I was always led to believe if you want the money then supermarket was the place to be.I just seen an advert for a A/C engineer paying over £16 per hour,I,m in the wrong game.:eek:

Regards bernard

Brian_UK
13-04-2007, 11:51 PM
Don't all rush at once guys....

Where is it Bernard, inside that dreaded M25 ring?

Latte
13-04-2007, 11:52 PM
Hi Bernard,

I can only go on personal experience but i have been around a bit ( in a refrigeration capacity) :eek:

a/c work is well paid, but i found that while the basic is good there was very little overtime. Most offices close at the weekends and shops are too busy so its much more a 9 to 5 in this line.

Supermarkets on the other hand are 24 hours operations, and whilst the money is already good the overtime is better, and if you dont mind getting callred out at 2am for stupid jobs like lights out in a walk in then you are laughing.

if a young (not me), Single bloke with no commitments came to me and asked whats the best way to earn lots of money i would point him in the direction of a supermarket contractor everytime (city/Coldservice) etc

Hope this helps

regards

Raymond

bernard
14-04-2007, 12:30 AM
Hi

Brian the company is unknown as its advertised through a job agency however it is for the devon area.Raymond I have only been in the supermarket game for three years and in that time its changed.The dreaded parasence monitoring system that everyone thought was terrible,actually works.A lot of calls were generating from engineers fooling the system ,no more can this be done.I can,t speak for the company you mention but since parasence came on board my overtime has drastically reduced.Which keeps the hourly rate down because the people don,t sem to leave due to pressure.

Regards Bernard

tony--1
14-04-2007, 09:27 AM
HI Bernard
on a parasence system you will not get called out until you get 5 cases with faults. you do not get called if only 1 goes off.

headgasket
14-04-2007, 09:52 AM
Hi Bernard A/C engineers always get paid more than us as the end result is more noticeable to the end user, a case at hi temp is just that, but a office full of sweaty pepole will be more grateful and pay more.

Paul@paulrobert
14-04-2007, 06:46 PM
Learn to do both like a lot of us in london do, and the money gets even better if you are willing to do 60 hours a week.

bernard
14-04-2007, 07:08 PM
Hi

I personally would consider 60hrs a quiet week

Regards Bernard

1torr
14-04-2007, 08:14 PM
Hello Bernard.
You and me both,huh lightweights.Is most of yours travelling time.Who do you work for?It would be nice to know who the locals are.

bernard
14-04-2007, 08:44 PM
Hi

1 torr,I,ve sent you a private message,yes most is travelling, 5 hours round trip for 10 min job and all that.I don,t mind the driving I,ve become immune to it.

Regards Bernard