PDA

View Full Version : Possible sensor fault?

phlipflop
06-04-2007, 02:49 PM
Hi guys some help needed here,unfortunately my zanussi model ZENB2720 the pump is permantly on the fr,freezer seems to be at the correct temp, their r 2 control htp sensors/switches in the freezer compartment which our connected to what id assume is the freezer temp sensor/resistor.the pump can be turned off by moving the timer/relay at the bottom of the unit by turning it but after a while the timer switches the system back on. i hope this is enough info for someone to give me advice? some specs to check the temp sensors out or some genral advice would be appreciated. thanx for takin the time to read this post.regards

taz24
10-04-2007, 12:29 PM
Hi guys some help needed here,

out or some genral advice would be appreciated. thanx for takin the time to read this post.regards

I've realy struggled to read this post but if I have read it correctly the part you are talking about could be a timer.
The timer stops the sytem and puts it onto defrost?

I don't know why this would affect the comp and cause it to run all the time.

Normally there is a stat or electronic controller that tells the comp to run at the right temp. I would sujest this is the problem not the defrost timer.

taz.

davej
10-04-2007, 07:13 PM
Tazz is correct about the timer, i would suggest that the system could also be short of gas and would then run on if the sensor is working on evaporating temperature, initially the air temp would get below the reqiured set point until the gas shortage is sufficient to stop frosting fully through the evap and keep the compressor running continuously but the air temp will be slowly increasing as the compressor tries to pull the temp down. ( does that explain?) does the frost line go all the way throught the evap. i would suggest you check air temp and evap temp, maybe fitt a gauge