PDA

View Full Version : An International Union of Engineers

zolar1
16-06-2002, 03:36 AM
Perhaps the 'engineers' who work with refrigerants could form an international union and gain a decent political voice amongst the 'civilized' nations?

Maybe call it Refrigeration Union INternational, or RUIN for short?

RUIN(ed) is what we might be if the governments won't hear our concerns

What I propose is that everyone band together and form a MANDATORY international union whereby we could gain a loud political voice. Mandatory meaning everyone with a refrigerant license or 'ticket' would be required by international law to join the union.

Then if we went on strike, the politicians would most certainly 'sweat' OUR viewpoints and concerns.

Instead of overlegislating our field, perhaps the governments could devise a way to get chemical companies to manufacture huge amounts of O3 for continuous dispersal into the atmosphere in lower South America?

Just a few thoughts - what are yours?

Abe
17-06-2002, 12:12 AM
Zolar,

Ruin?? He heee,

You mad at something, then become a member of ASHRAE, or Institute of Refrigeration UK, and other bodies in their respective territories. These bodies are representative of the industry arent they??

Each country has its own political system and unique thought patterns geared to the interest of that country, which they protect.

Am I allowed to mention the word, Kyoto??

Understand my drift?

In the great scale of things, Im sorry we do not feature prominently

More importantly, do we want to be??

I think not

zolar1
17-06-2002, 05:40 AM
He heee....RUIN....it was a parody my friend. Something to take the boredom out of the slack time I have right now.

But an international 'refrigerant engineers' union might not be a bad thing.....hmmmm

zolar1
17-06-2002, 05:42 AM
However, some of the posting was accurate.

Abe
17-06-2002, 10:51 PM
Forgiven Zolar......for your "tale" wisely posted in suggestion!!
Thank goodness it didnt turn up in Business and Marketing.
But.......twas a good yarn
LOL

pss. What you mean some of the posting was accurate, whos? Yours or mine?

zolar1
18-06-2002, 02:04 AM
LOLOL...I too get frustrated over the hassles of recovery and which refrigerant would be best for my situation...lol

How about thias accurate part?

Instead of overlegislating our field, perhaps the governments could devise a way to get chemical companies to manufacture huge amounts of O3 for continuous dispersal into the atmosphere in lower South America?

My posts are rarely accurate. Just remember one thing - I'm a lucky guesser...hehe

subzero*psia
22-06-2002, 08:38 PM
I think we already have TOO MUCH government. I don't think we need another "specialized" world police task force invented.... like INTERPOL etc. By the way... do they ever solve anything, like arresting terrorists, drug smugglers, gun runners etc? Isn't that what they were SUPPOSED to do?
Here is a thought... in the movies they only show INTERPOL arresting jewel thiefs... I wonder who can afford the jewels? I know... just the movies... but all movies are based on SOME truths. hehehe! ;)

Seriously though.... why would I want to HAVE TO belong to union where the majority rules... where my single opinion goes unheard... where some council member's "worthless" cousin gets the job and an honest tech gets it in the arse everytime, or some pathetic slacker gets fired and the union goes to bat using funds paid by honest hard working techs? I've seen it happen too many times... sorry zolar1 but in my opinion... that dog don't hunt.

zolar1
24-06-2002, 04:31 AM
Hey Sub....If you would look above once again, you would see that this was a parody. It wasn't meant to be a real suggestion. LOL

I agree, unions can be a very bad thing, but they can also be a good thing. Rarely does anything be all good or all bad.

If you re-read my origional post, and think about it, how likely is ANY of it going to happen? (Answer: none) LOLOL

I didn't see an appropriate forum for this type of post, so I put it in the 'suggestion box' so people would read just how silly the whole thing really is.

Sorry if I offended anyone.

Abe
24-06-2002, 10:52 PM
Hmmm

A parady huh? Nice turn ........around Zolar
I thought you were serious !! And so did sub so you fooled all.......ahh both of us!!

Come on matey, no offence so dont apologise , ten marks out of ten for livening up these discussions!!!

By the way, your " RUIN" suggestion still IRKS me!!!

Psss..........Just winding you up!!! lol

Have a great day

zolar1
25-06-2002, 04:26 AM
LMAO!

"RUIN" should have been the 'dead' giveaway!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

subzero*psia
26-06-2002, 03:46 PM
I knew you were joking.... by the "RUIN", but it may give somebody else an idea.... geeze I hope not! LOL!

We already have the "good ole' boys circuit" and several unions in this field that get the majority of the work because "x" business supplies some branch of the government and the unions pander or pad the politicians pocket books. Not saying the unions are bad... not at all... but they are also nepitistic in their hiring practices. They want your union dues but their is an inner circle within each union that gets the majority of work... billy bob's son or cousin etc.