PDA

View Full Version : Anyone knows ACM Kaelte Klima?

NoNickName
03-04-2007, 08:36 PM
I attach a photo of the label of one chiller I came across today. It's exhilarating. It's just six months old and the compressor is falling to pieces.
It's starting every 30 to 60seconds with heavy liquid hits.
Superheating is nil, and being a R404a, oil is mixed all over the place with refrigerant. The sight glass is full of oil+liquid refrigerant mayonnaise.

Incredibile piece of horrible engineering.

Peter_1
03-04-2007, 08:46 PM
http://www.acmonline.it/
I suppose you found this already NoNickName.
They seems to be located in the same region as Tasselli, some of their references are in that region.

NoNickName
03-04-2007, 08:47 PM
Look at these three photos: the sight glass filled up with mayonnaise, the oops-I forgot the insulation on the evaporator suction and injection flanges, and the useless inline valve on the gauge capillary (it was much easier to use the schrader connection on the main discharge shut off valve). This last photo specifically shows how even manufacturers ignore the very basic of HVAC engineering.

Peter_1
03-04-2007, 08:55 PM
Is the mayonnaise not the oil from the Bock?

Sorry NoNick but the inline fault doesn't seems a real fault to me.

The insulation they forgot is indeed very ugly. Isn't this something a service tech has removed and reinstalled badly?

The cables are also a real mess, all hanging on their cable ties.

NoNickName
03-04-2007, 08:58 PM
Is the mayonnaise not the oil from the Bock?

It's blue and it's a compressor, but not a bock.
Definitely the oil is from the Frascold iron.

The insulation they forgot is indeed very ugly. Isn't this something a service tech has removed and reinstalled badly?

I don't know, but I don't think so. This unit was installed in late 2006. But I wasn't there for that. So I just had a cigarette looking at it.

Josip
03-04-2007, 11:17 PM
Hi

this is almost perfect what you can see in some eastern countries;) I need a pack of cigarettes looking at some master pieces. Sorry have not some pictures.

Best regards, Josip