PDA

View Full Version : airdale units

scott12
03-04-2007, 12:44 PM
hi everyone one need some help with a system that is already installed .the system is a airdale air conditioning unit with remote condenser .i need to install a reciever and prv to this condenser .can anyone help with position of prv and reciever .this system is R22 many thanks scott

taz24
03-04-2007, 04:00 PM
this system is R22 many thanks scott

Hi Scott.
If its an established system on R22 why do you need to modify it?
Why the need for the receiver?

If you install a new receiver then it will have a position on the top for the valve to fit. If it does not then it is the wrong type for a valve.
You just seal the valve inplace and pipe the vent away and up. No real wory about the position of the receiver as long as it is after and below the condenser.

taz.

scott12
03-04-2007, 04:28 PM
oh i see taz the prv should fit onto the receiver with a bit of pipe coming off it for the blow off.pipework from the condensor to evaporator (suction line is where it should be fitted )is this correct = there is room to fit the receiver inside the condensor frame just below it ,i am just not sure if it goes onto suction line as never had to fit one before ,the system is existing all we done was changed the condensor as it was corroded ,and new condensor supplied had no prv or receiver fitted so i am having to install. all and any info greatly appreciated thanks taz
regards scott

taz24
03-04-2007, 05:03 PM
oh i see taz the prv should fit onto the receiver with a bit of pipe coming off it for the blow off.pipework from the condensor to evaporator (suction line is where it should be fitted )is this correct = there is room to fit the receiver inside the condensor frame just below it ,i am just not sure if it goes onto suction line as never had to fit one before ,the system is existing all we done was changed the condensor as it was corroded ,and new condensor supplied had no prv or receiver fitted so i am having to install. all and any info greatly appreciated thanks taz
regards scott

Don't get your termenology mixed up.
When you use the term suction do you mean the return from the cond?
The condenser will have a line in which is full of HP Superheated vapour straight from the comp. The the condenser turns the vapour to liquid and the cools it so the return from the cond is subcooled liquid. At that point it can go into the receiver.

Under the cond is a good position for the receiver.
the blow offs fit directly to the receiver and any blown of gas is then is piped away.

You do know that all this will need pressure testing?
There may be legal requirements regarding the installation of the new receiver.
There may even be insurance requirements to abide by.

Be very carefull if you are in doubt about doing this because you will be dealing with systems that have the potential to opperate around the 20b range so everything needs to be done correctly.

taz.

Jase
03-04-2007, 10:44 PM
Please provide model of the Airedale unit and interconnecting pipe sizes?

regards
Jase

Brian_UK
03-04-2007, 11:05 PM
I'm a bit concerned here.

You are required to fit a receiver but it sounds as though you want to put it where an accumulator would go.

You mention a PRV, are you talking about a Pressure Reducing Valve or a Pressure Relief Valve? Two VERY different beasts.

Is this a standard Airedale condensing unit attached to a standard Airedale evaporator?

coolments
04-04-2007, 12:15 AM
Hi Scott

I have installed a lot of airdale units, never had to fit a Pressure reducing / relief valve though. just concerned was the old item installed inside the old condenser as i have have to install an oil seperater on Airedale units with long pipe runs or if the condenser is mounted on a lot higher level than the AHU.
These also can be mistaken for acumalators/receivers to people not used to this kind of kit, look in the old unit, these are fitted of the discharge pipe and see if it has a line attached connected to the suction port on the (I assume) blue man-europe compressor, if so thats what you need. Need more details to help further.

scott12
04-04-2007, 10:39 AM
the condenser is nsv .it is the only like for like we could get .it is a pressure regulating valve for head pressure control that is to be fitted and a receiver for pumpdown.the original condenser had this but new doesn,t so we have to fit and not sure about the best way to do this as never fitted kit before
any help appreciated brian
scott

scott12
04-04-2007, 10:40 AM
will get the model and serial for you asap
thanks scott

malik55
04-04-2007, 08:09 PM
Hi Scott
I do not understand , If existing system had both of these items then what is the problem, you have to replace only Condenser coil, and if it is necessary to replace Receiver and PRV then replace both at the same locations where they are fixed originally, the Receiver and PRV are for to control condenser pressure in low ambient climates,
For piping connections have a look at this link www.heatcraftrpd.com/resources/techtopics/Tech%20Topics%20Condenser.pdf
Better to contact AIREDALE I hope they will guide you.
malik55