PDA

View Full Version : Amana fridge freezer

fridge-man
01-04-2007, 04:08 PM
Hi i am new to this, can any body help Amana side by side fridge/freezer the evaporator at the top is frosted up only. I have done a regas replaced the dryer, replaced the cappilary tube, copressor tested ok, condenser motor ok, pressure -20psi on the suction side.;) :mad:

Thanks Fridge-man

Brian_UK
01-04-2007, 04:57 PM
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Sounds like a blockage somewhere, doesn't it?

Did you blow through the system before re-assembling it?

Is the new capillary the same size as the originaland the worst thing - is there any excess brazing blocking any of the capillary lines?

fridge-man
01-04-2007, 06:18 PM
thanks i used the same cappillary tube also i used lokring fittings no welding. and i did blast it through.

:) :) :)

Electrocoolman
01-04-2007, 10:26 PM
Hi,
Assume one evaporator located in freezer?

Did you weigh in correct charge? Possible charge is low.....what happens to frost line when you stop evaporater fan?
What does compressor discharge line feel like? and how does pressure recover when compressor switched off?

Any excess of lockring prep fluid?

ECM

fridge-man
07-04-2007, 03:56 PM
Hi Elecrtocoolman,

Yes the evaporartor is a ali coil type and yes it is in the freezer the fridge gets it cooling via a damper in the fridge,
may be excess lokprep,
Also condenser cold all the way across.

The charge is correct for that model 149grams,
Frost line when switch of evaporator fan stays the same,
The discharge line is cold
The compressor pressure stays the same when switch of -20psi.

Thanks for your help much appeciated.

lana
07-04-2007, 04:28 PM
Hi frige-man,

Suction pressure is -20Psi (minus?):confused: :confused:
What is the discharge pressure?:confused:
What is the refrigerant ?:confused:
Cheers:)

fridge-man
08-04-2007, 10:03 PM
Hi Lana,

Yes Minus 20psi (Suction)
Discharge pressure dont know no service valve available,
Refrigerant R134a.
Thanks

lana
09-04-2007, 09:53 AM
Hi fidge-man,

As Brian said before, probably there is blockage in the liquid line or cap tube.

As you know the oil with R134a is synthetic and therefore, hygroscopic.

If it was not handled correctly and it is contaminated with moisture, then there is a high probability that this contamination blocked the cap tube.

Another problem you mentioned is the cold discharge line. There is a very low suction pressure which makes the compressor pressure ration rise therefore, the discharge temperature would go up ? NOT colder ?:confused:
Maybe the blockage reduced the refrigerant flow to such a degree that the temperature rise is not sensible.

Keep us posted please.
Good luck :)

fridge-man
09-04-2007, 10:50 AM
Thanks again Lana,
I think i will replace the dryer and replace the capillary line again and before i re-connect i will blast nitrogen through the system,
And try again.

Thanks guys it has been a right Bas****.