PDA

View Full Version : Gram Compressor

Pootle
12-06-2002, 03:32 PM
I have recently come across a site with a number of Gram compressors, not having had much experience with Gram can anyone help me out with the best places to get info, parts and s/h compressors:confused:

Brian_UK
15-06-2002, 11:20 PM
Pootle, it may be a silly question but are these Gram units actually made by Gram or have they stuck their label over the actual compressor manufacturers name?

Also I believe they are Italian ??, if so, why not get a better one anyway ;)

SteveDixey
16-06-2002, 09:26 PM
The UK agency is now with Sabroe UK (formerly York Refrigeration, formerly Sabroe......) who can be found at their usual place in Birmingham. The technical advice person now resides there.

Sabroe will also supply the spares, ditto manuals, but I cannot comment on other sources.

I understand that after the York \ Sabroe merger, takeover or whatever happened, Gram compressors were "rationalised", i.e. they stopped making them.

Having a couple of Gram machines on a large A\C plant, I hope the spares situation does not deteriorate too soon

:(

Steve

Andy
18-06-2002, 12:04 AM
Hi, Brian. Gram are Danish and at one time a rival to Sabroe, quite a good industrial compressor and well worth fitting. I to hope the spare are still available as they were the first recip I ever stripped and I still have a fondness for them.
Regards. Andy.

C. Noseworthy
18-06-2002, 03:11 AM
York did "rationalize both Gram but they should still have spares available. I heard about a contact in South Africa who may be able to help with spares & Rebuilt compressors.
Try Buchu@yebo.co.za

Hlynur Steinarsson
30-06-2002, 10:34 AM
Gram are good compressors for instant is the GSVII series with Grammatic 2505 control probably the best Gram. The control offers much more the for instant Sabroe Unisab.

Hlynur Steinarsson
30-06-2002, 10:37 AM
Grammatic 2500 is a Frick Control. Made in the USA. The former Gram company was/is owned by York USA

Sabroeclaus
19-08-2005, 10:31 AM
If you need any Gram parts we can supply if you have problems finding anywhere.
visit www.reftech.dk

deecool
17-06-2006, 01:55 PM
If you need any Gram parts we can supply if you have problems finding anywhere.
visit www.reftech.dk (http://www.reftech.dk)

You can supply parts in the Philippines? I need Shaft seal of the Compressor.

Tycho
17-06-2006, 10:14 PM
York supplies most Gram spares...

In Europe, I believe for any discontinued product, the manufacturer is obliged to have spares in stock for a minimum of five years, and be able to supply spares for a minimum of ten years.

If you could supply us with what it says on the product plate, I believe we could do more then just make suggestions :)

abdulazman
18-06-2006, 02:37 AM
Hi Pootle :)

Check with YORK@Johnson Control for parts for GRAM. But if you require manuals ;) , I have with me the HC/HCL/HCS manuals. If you need it, email me, its content 1.78 MB.

Josip
18-06-2006, 12:27 PM
Hi, Pootle, Deecool :)

I have recently come across a site with a number of Gram compressors, not having had much experience with Gram can anyone help me out with the best places to get info, parts and s/h compressors:confused:

Maybe you can visit this and see what you need:

http://www.sabroe.dk/
https://www.refparts.york.com/

Best regards,

Josip :)

gregorm
18-06-2006, 12:42 PM
Hi,
I worked for a company down in West London that had approx. 40 Gram screws, a mixture of GST's & GSV's. We always got spares through Sabroe in Birmingham no problem. Also, as I was leaving they started to do service exchanges for us. They started off providing one for us, then used the bodies we were sending back.

Very good compressors by the way.

Dexter
08-08-2006, 06:03 PM
We have been selling Gram compressors and parts since 1981, if you give a model and serial number of the compressor, I can help you with the shaft seal that you need if it's not too late

winfred.dela
12-09-2006, 04:54 AM
Hi Dexter,
Would appreciate if you could give me Overhauling Spare parts price for following:

Two units Gram HCT 8100
Serial no: (1) 77-610-0080-195
Serial no: (2) 77-610-0080-196
Refrigerant: R 717
Year manufactured: 1995

We were ask to supply parts and overhauling.

Have tried finding price from local guys and also from reftech but no quote till now.

For any additional inquiry please email me at winfred.dela@gmail.com

Thank you in advance.

tonychiefbay
11-02-2007, 07:04 PM
We have been selling Gram compressors and parts since 1981, if you give a model and serial number of the compressor, I can help you with the shaft seal that you need if it's not too late
Hello,Iam looking for complete Gram compressor type HC 8/75 with electric motor . Probably second hand .About 2 years old onwards . Do well to send me your quotations . Thanking you in advance and hopping to hear from you soon. Regards, Tony

NH3LVR
11-02-2007, 09:38 PM
First;
Welcome to the Forum Dexter:)
Is Rick G still there?

Second;
I have worked with the company Dexter is employed by in the past. I can recommend them highly.

404cab
22-02-2007, 06:12 PM
Hi,

Gram was building screw compressor under Frick license, so depending of where you are you can contact a Frick supplier or York/JCI supplier.

I highly recommend this web site :
refparts.york.com

very good for York, Stal, Sabroe, Gram parts

ntfreezer
01-03-2007, 02:17 AM
who have information about gram compressor.
Thanks!

lldelfin67
25-07-2007, 10:15 PM
Hi,
Gram recip compr. is Sabroe recip compr. and Stal recip. compre is one done by Sabroe. They have cross reference on each model. York/JCI will accomodate you on that.

salman
20-12-2007, 09:47 PM
Hi Pootle :)

Check with YORK@Johnson Control for parts for GRAM. But if you require manuals ;) , I have with me the HC/HCL/HCS manuals. If you need it, email me, its content 1.78 MB.

I have got a Gram compressor HC 4075 1999 Could u send me the details about this compressor and the manual an other thing can i use this compressor with ammonia.
my email is tosalmans@hotmail.com
thank you

ficteixeira
16-04-2009, 06:59 PM
I have got a Gram compressor Could u send me the manual to Grammatic 1502 control

Sturt
17-04-2009, 02:57 PM
Hi Guys

I know the original thread is very old but here is the history as i understand it.

Brodrene Gram (Gram Brothers) was a Danish family company manufacturing domestic, commercial and industrial refrigeration equipment.

It was dispanded as a group by a private equity company when they hit problems (mid 80's).

The domestic division was sold to a Polish company and is still manfacturing their for the Nordic markets.

Idustrial was sold to York with the eventual closier of compressor production.
The recips were their own make and design which competed with Sabroe, the screws were Frick.

And the commercial food service cabinets continue to be produced from the original factory at Vojens in Denmark.

Ficteixeira - I was given an operation and maintenence manual for the 1502 so will e-mail over.

Sturt.

ficteixeira
18-04-2009, 02:57 PM
My e-mail
ficteixeira@hotmail.com

thank you

esa sitompul
19-11-2010, 03:13 PM
Hi, i have Gram Compressor HCT 6100. The Compressor always problem : Low Oil Pressure. When i start, oil pressure 3-4 bars, but then will decrease until below 2 bars, then compressor will stop. What is cause of this problem ? Pls help me. Tq

josef
19-11-2010, 04:30 PM
What kind of oil you use, mineral or synthetic.

A.R.S ltd
19-11-2010, 09:25 PM
Hi I have had some experience with Gram Comps and depending on the model depends where I go for parts some models are not ecenomically servicable and some are other compressors with Gram badges

try Fox refrigeration or CDS refrigeration for parts
give me a shout if you need anything more

Ben

rattis
22-11-2010, 08:22 PM
Oilpressureproblems, check the oilfilter if the pressure dercreases rapidly, and the oil temp if it decreases slowly and if the oil is very hot check the internal reliefvalve
We have some used and some new parts as well as some complete recip units both single and 2-stage.
all for sale

marlboroman81
22-01-2011, 11:57 AM
Hello!
I have spare parts for compressor gram hc 8125 for sale.
For all information contact us by e mail
iggy-p@hotmail.com