PDA

View Full Version : Ou job of last Thursday

Peter_1
01-04-2007, 09:16 AM
A BAC condensor of 850 kW.
New parts waiting to be installed grue coming to lift the upper part.
Attaching the hooks.
The coil section piece (upper part) weights 1900 kg (4188 lbs) new and the old one weighted almost 4500 kg (9920 lbs) (!!) due to the lime inside the unit.
Condensor was installed in 1986 and it began leaking NH3.

Peter_1
01-04-2007, 09:17 AM
The old and new fan section.
NEw in place and lifting coil section.
My youngest son (David, it's easter holidays now for school boys, so time for some hands-on training) bolting both together.

Peter_1
01-04-2007, 09:18 AM
Tim doesn't like it that I'm taking pictures of him.
David bolting the pieces together.
Upper part coming on it's place.
We used the plastic box with water in it on the right to remove the remaining NH3.
Height of the wall 9 m (30 ft)

US Iceman
01-04-2007, 04:16 PM
Peter,

Nice pictures of the job. Your son should have taken a picture of you taking pictures!;)

Why is the condenser fan facing the wall in back?

Peter_1
01-04-2007, 04:52 PM
It's the youngest who took all the pictures.
All the pictures he took of me are flue or taken from my back (not my best side) This is the best shot, me in the back, after the solderer.
The unit is installed 1.2 m (4 ft) from the wall (sound surpressing wall) and that's where the air is sucked in the machine. It's blown of vertically.
This is how it was installed in 1986 and it falls within he specs of BAC (at least 1 m or 3 ft)

Brian_UK
01-04-2007, 04:53 PM
It's good to see that Tim is reading the instructions ;)

Iceman, I think that it is just the mounting frame of the fan unit not the actual discharge duct.

US Iceman
01-04-2007, 05:11 PM
I just thought the air inlet side of the condenser looked close to the wall.

I know architects like these walls because they hide the "ugly" metal boxes and the sound walls reduce the noise. I thought that was why the unit had a centrifugal fan because this location looked like it was close to homes.

I just see so many systems where the minimum requirements are used. When one little thing like wind direction changes it can cause air recirculation and cause the discharge pressure to increase.

I'm not saying anything was done wrong. As Peter mentions it meets the manufacturers guidelines. My experience has been the guidelines are often taken as absolute truths but do not always account for other strange events that affect the condenser performance.

stan1488
03-04-2007, 10:00 AM
gettin the job done in belgium! cheers peter stan