PDA

View Full Version : Fes Systems

DSK
31-03-2007, 07:05 PM
Dear Sirs,

I have FES SYSTEM equipment, model 140-140 with two screw compressors, R-22.

We need spare part list with drawing and maintenance-overhaul manual.

Thank you

Brian_UK
31-03-2007, 11:09 PM
Have you tried the FES Systems website?

http://www.fessystems.com/default.asp

absrbrtek
02-04-2007, 03:43 AM
The tech support for FES is very good in the USA. I don't know about other countries but give them a call.

poe_boy
05-04-2007, 02:02 AM
You can contact FES Systems (Grasso USA) Corporate headquarters at 800-821-3486. I hope this helps you out.

dwrefrigeration
08-07-2007, 11:10 PM
FES were taken over in Europe by Grenco.Grenco has merged the FES side of the business with Tecnifigo in Italy.Try the Grenco office in Kent

TXiceman
09-07-2007, 06:32 AM
In the States, it is GEA, FES Systems. The website is www.fessystems.com.

To get a service manual on the equipment, you will need the sales order or contract number which can be found on a tag inside the control panel door. Generally the additional manuals are not free, so be prepared to send some money. All of the manuals today are send on a CD ROM. Overhaul manuals on the compressors are generally not included in the IOM.

If I remember correctly, the 140 was a Mycom compressor. I can check my cross reference list during the day.

Ken

brian_chapin
09-07-2007, 12:58 PM
Generally the additional manuals are not free, so be prepared to send some money.

I found this out last week and was rather disappointed. I have downloaded FREE complete digital IOM's from both M&M and Frick.

FES might want to reconsider this policy.

TXiceman
10-07-2007, 02:47 PM
I think where the policy was established due to the used equipment market. I know I was always getting request for info on used equipment that someone had bought and it did not come with manuals. The new owner called wanting the for free. At the time, it was a lot of work to have a secretary to pull all of the vendor info and make and bind a copy. All equipment was shipped with several copies of the manuals and owners are not very good about keeping up with the manuals.

The 140-140 has not been produced for several years and all of the info is hard copy which has to be copied.

If you want a copy of the manuals on your car or truck, the manufacturer charges several hundred $$$ for them. The info provided on the net by others is pretty limited and applies to newer equipment.

We used to kid that FES stood for Free Engineering Service.

You might cal your local sales rep and see if you can get him to copy part of the manual for free if he has the info on the 140-140 unit.

Ken

ashraf wady
26-02-2009, 09:40 AM
how can I.change bare compressor
kit rebuild

TXiceman
27-02-2009, 02:37 AM
Ashraf.Wady,

I don't understand your request. You can buy a bare compressor from Mycom direct. The Mycom model number is probably stamped on the edge of the suction flange if the Mycom tag has been removed.

Ken

james10
20-06-2009, 04:35 PM
try carrier commercial they used to make the FES systems

TXiceman
21-06-2009, 04:21 AM
Carrier/United Technologies owned FES from roughly 1984 to 1992. Carrier never built any FES equipment. FES was the industrial refrigeration arm for Carrier. AS far as I could tell it ws not a good marriage. Carrier sold FES to Thermpower and it was later bought by GEA.