PDA

View Full Version : Thank you to the software guys.

setrite
09-06-2002, 04:56 PM
Looking at the way things are changing with regard to AC and R control system I can see more and more computer software personnel entering our fields. They have made our jobs more comfortable by making it easier to monitor large HVAC installation by just sitting on a table in a nice cool office, instead of sitting in a room with huge panels with lights and Ampere meters. I think I owe a Thank You these guys.

They may add tons of software , but I feel that they have made us a little lazy too.:D .

stevec
13-06-2002, 10:02 PM
It's great isn't it and when the little ole lady down on level 2 says it's not cooling. We can say s.d off it is too cause the computer says so. So there! The beauty of this is we can then push a button spit out an invoice and email it to her for her troubles.Wouldn't that be nice.

You'e right laziness and misinformation or the interpreting of it on some systems can be a negative. But it certainly helps in focusing in on the problem.I believe it's for the better especially in terms of energy management. If some clients would allow a little more capital expenditure in the beginining they can save lots later on. But in this day and age of accountant/CEO driven passion(their jobs) for more short term profits it is a hard case to push.