PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Compressors for Inverter A/C

Electrocoolman
29-03-2007, 09:40 PM
Hello All,
I'm trying to source a replacement compressor for a SHARP inverter AC (R22). The compressor is a TOSHIBA HV237A1-S15DK. Windings are 114v 3Ph 60Hz. Its a dual rotary 13.3cc/rev 15-150Hz.

I'm still tying to contact Toshiba, but as a parallel enquiry,does anyone know of a compressor comparison source for A/C rotary compressors? (web or otherwise).
There must be suitable compressors from other manufacturers as the inverter systems become ever more popular.
Any help much appreciated.

Adrian.

Loops
30-03-2007, 08:28 AM
Hi Electrocoolman,

REF: Compressor HV237A1-S15DK

I have a good contact at Toshiba who checked your compressor type - it's not one that Toshiba use in their own products (or those they bring into europe anyway). So they don't have stocks of them.

Could well be used somewhere internationally or just one they build for other manufacturers to use.

Looks like a twin-rotary on R22 compatible with inverter drive probably on a system up to about 3.5kW??

I suggest you'll need to get in touch with SHARP for a replacement.

Someone on this forum must have a contact number for Sharp.

Cheers

Loops

PS nearest one Toshiba use is HV-236A1-S15D, similar but I'm not sure it's worth the risk trying one. (I can't find what the differences are)

Electrocoolman
30-03-2007, 08:59 AM
Hi Loops,
Thanks for that. I'll look into the specs for the compressor. I know the A1 is the body size. Perhaps someone has the part number breakdown?

Axair Climate who imported the Sharp AC into the UK no longer have compressors for the unit.