PDA

View Full Version : pullin my hair out

davecool
27-03-2007, 08:26 PM
i was called out to a electrolux 2 door heavt duty eletrolux freezer and it is givin mean awful headaches!!!!!
the problem is that the power to the shrack relay just disappears causing the comp to stop. this happens after the cabinet has been running for about 5 mins. Ive changed the power relay switching pcb but it made no difference.
any you guys out there got any ideas to help solve this problem, (which has, as ive found out been going on for about 5 years ,or so im lead to believe), before i go completely bald.

Brian_UK
27-03-2007, 10:54 PM
If you've swapped out the pcb then I suppose it's time to check the sensors.

I suppose there's nothing on the compressor in the way of safety interlocks back to the shrack relay.

chillin out
27-03-2007, 10:57 PM
Have these cases not got a cond probe fitted?
I thought they did, and this could be causing your problem. If the probe is not reading properly it could cut out your comp.

Chillin:) :)

lespare
28-03-2007, 01:40 PM
i was called out to a electrolux 2 door heavt duty eletrolux freezer and it is givin mean awful headaches!!!!!
the problem is that the power to the shrack relay just disappears causing the comp to stop. this happens after the cabinet has been running for about 5 mins. Ive changed the power relay switching pcb but it made no difference.
any you guys out there got any ideas to help solve this problem, (which has, as ive found out been going on for about 5 years ,or so im lead to believe), before i go completely bald.

Hi,

Try measure power consumption of compressor continously during those "5 minutes". If you expire extraordinary increasing it could be lock in pipe which cause too big diff. between LP and HP sides.

Les

davecool
28-03-2007, 09:55 PM
thanks guys, trouble is that the display does not show any probe faults.
ive reprogrammed the parameters to ignore the condensor and high side probes (this things got 4 sensors, the usual temp and evap probes as well as a condensor and high side probes) makes no difference though. and still givin problems

chillin out
29-03-2007, 09:39 AM
Ive changed the power relay switching pcb but it made no difference.
You need to change the controller/display. Thats the part that tells the relays to open or close.

Also, try disconnecting the 2 probes just leaving the evap and air probe in place.

Also check the controller is using the air probe to switch the comp and not the evap probe. (it's in one of the settings, not just swapping the wires round)

Chillin:) :)