PDA

View Full Version : Help with a small Fujitsu

Superheatman
25-03-2007, 11:25 AM
Hi...being a chiller tech I dont have a lot of experience with splits apart from a couple I have installed at home...my brother in law has been given a small Fujitsu split system that has been removed from an office and has asked me to check it over and install for him (in a bedroom)....model is AOY12RJSF.....indoor unit just says R12A...refrigerant is R22....its around 3.0 Kw cooling and 4 Kw plus heating...I have only glanced at it so far in my garage (currently ill in bed so taking the time to post this)...didnt see an IR port or anything similar so take it that this unit should run with a hardwired controller(it came with no controller either hand or hardwired)..I have a feeling this is going to cause me more trouble than it seems....anyone have any info they can tell me about these units...must be a bit old..cant find much on the web......thanks...John.:o

Andy W
26-03-2007, 04:42 PM
I would not bother with it been old, a new one does not cost a lot trade.

The MG Pony
27-03-2007, 06:28 PM
Or sell it on ebay to america, R-22 will be there for a looooong time.

fridge-man
09-04-2007, 10:33 PM
Hi superheatman,
I know a technical guy at fujitsu i will give him a call tomorrow and find out what i can,
Then get back to you.

fridge-man
13-04-2007, 03:16 PM
Hi Superheatman,
I spoke to Fujitsu today that model is hard wired you need to speak to a fujitsu dealer and ask for a hard wired controller for that model.

Thanks Fridge-Man.

paul_h
10-07-2007, 01:52 PM
Is it silver coloured or brown?
It's really not worth the hassle, anything pre 97 is hard to get parts for. Really, a new 3.5kw unit is about au$400, and if you could get a controller for the old one, it would be around au$200.