PDA

View Full Version : wall mount pumps

refaircon
22-03-2007, 04:44 PM
i am installing a couple of wall mounts in some bedrooms, what type of pump would you reccomend?

thought of using mini limes??
any ideas

rob

Brian_UK
22-03-2007, 06:35 PM
Personally I don't like any of those piston type pumps, the fact that they suddenly burst into life with a burp is offputting I think.

First question, I assume that you cannot use gravity drains then?

Is there a loft space above the bedrooms and would a peristaltic pump be better?

ANother option if the owner likes houseplants is to keep the drain open and water the plants at the same time ;)

frank
22-03-2007, 06:59 PM
I quite like the Mini Limes.

Once they are commissioned and air purged they are quite quiet. Don't cut the long discharge line back though and watch for kinks in the line.

Not had one fail so far (18 months).

Electrocoolman
22-03-2007, 11:11 PM
I've used mini limes as well. Seem OK and make for a nice installation, but as this is a bedroom and not an office, I would indeed consider the noise aspect.

Peristaltics mounted in the loft can be noise isolated (by various means including suspension), so careful thought required.

Birds
23-03-2007, 07:39 AM
Hi

What about those miniblue pumps from Charles Austin . They are self priming and quiet.so you can mount them in the loft.I think they are available at the end of this month. Have used the larger model and a very good pump. I have a couple of miniblues on order with HRP. The problem with bedrooms is that you can hear the mini limes start up when you lay in bed. Anywhere else not a problem,and agree with the beer man not had any problems with them.

Birds

Slim R410a
23-03-2007, 11:21 AM
I'm fitting a pump in a bedroom next week, using a saurmann delta, supposed to be relatively quiet but in the past have used peristaltics in the loft space and have been fine.