PDA

View Full Version : What is a fair price?

Paulz123
20-03-2007, 11:12 PM
Here's my deal. I have a 1993 3.5 ton Miller heat pump and air handler (it's trashed). I want to replace it with a Trane XL15i 3.5 ton. Can someone tell me what is a fair price for this job? I have gotten estimates of between 5 and 11 thousand dollars. Thanks for your help.

Brian_UK
21-03-2007, 12:15 AM
Possibly a little more information may be required before anyone can give you a "Fair Price Guide".

It's a bit like me saying that I want to replace my blue car with a red one in another place and I've been quoted x to y dollars.

Are you changing the whole system, is it at ground level, are you in the middle of a city or 1000 miles away and up a mountain side?

analog
02-06-2007, 03:44 AM
Here's my deal. I have a 1993 3.5 ton Miller heat pump and air handler (it's trashed). I want to replace it with a Trane XL15i 3.5 ton. Can someone tell me what is a fair price for this job? I have gotten estimates of between 5 and 11 thousand dollars. Thanks for your help.

Based on my own experience, you can expect to pay anywhere from 150,000 dinars to 3,500,269 yen.

Hope this helps.

Argus
02-06-2007, 09:52 AM
Based on my own experience, you can expect to pay anywhere from 150,000 dinars to 3,500,269 yen.

Hope this helps.

Give sensible answers, please. We don't need to take the Mickey.

Regarding the original post, your figures seem to have a wide variation.

Perhaps if you mentioned the area you are located, you may get a better response from someone nearer to you who knows the local market better.

aldematt57
28-10-2007, 01:14 AM
Many companies charge replacement work at x dollars/ton, while others give a equipment, time, labor, materials price.
A 3.5 ton system replacement with 15 seer equipment, new controls and supplemental heat would be in the neighborhood of about 8K if it were simply a straight change out with no other installation factors or tasks to consider.
This is a rough estimate and as noted by the previous posts, more info is really needed to give more than just a rough estimate.

Hope this helps.

taz24
28-10-2007, 01:40 AM
This is a rough estimate and as noted by the previous posts, more info is really needed to give more than just a rough estimate.

Hope this helps.

Your advise as good as it is has unfortunatly fallen on deaf ears.
If you look at the original post you will see that the person asking the question asked back in March and never bothered to reply to the other posters.

His not bothering to give any more information or his unwillingness to relay how he got on is the pet hate of many of the regular posters on this site.

Cheers taz.

aldematt57
28-10-2007, 01:57 AM
Your advise as good as it is has unfortunatly fallen on deaf ears.
If you look at the original post you will see that the person asking the question asked back in March and never bothered to reply to the other posters.

His not bothering to give any more information or his unwillingness to relay how he got on is the pet hate of many of the regular posters on this site.

Cheers taz.

Yes, you're correct.
Apparently he was trolling for a price without understanding how we arrive at prices. LOL

Best regards,
Al