PDA

View Full Version : York (Borg Warner) DA 206 compressor

SteveDixey
18-03-2007, 06:33 PM
I have Googled for information on this but cannot find what I need. I believe this compressor was used in US cars for air con in the 50's and 60's running on R12.

Does anyone have any information on the rated capacity of the compressor (btu or KW), or can point me in the direction of a set of tables so I can work it out?

Thanks

Steve

Brian_UK
18-03-2007, 08:55 PM
Might be worth an email to these people Steve, you never know your luck..

http://www.readerair.co.uk/parts.html

cooled cars
20-03-2007, 10:16 PM
hi there mate i would give borg warner a call they have a technical helpline not sure what the number is but i have had dealings with them before and they where very helpful

SteveDixey
20-03-2007, 10:44 PM
hi there mate i would give borg warner a call they have a technical helpline not sure what the number is but i have had dealings with them before and they where very helpful

May have to give them a try.

Looking at the Borg Warner website, there is some disclaimer about not being associated with other groups in the past with the same name.

No mention of a\c and seeing as Borg Warner do automotive transmission, turbo charger and other bits, I wonder if there had been some split in the past and was hoping one of the forum's american residents might have been able to throw some light on the history.

I now have some compressor displacement figures so maybe from that can I work out some ball park figures.

Steve

Mayball
10-04-2007, 07:22 PM
Hi SteveDixie,

You might try the following website:
http://www.ccicompressor.com/

I think they took over from York when they got out of the business.

Mayball

SteveDixey
10-04-2007, 11:50 PM
It looks like it is the one, right down to the wording of the text. :D

I'll contact them to see if they have any data. Thank you very much for that.

Steve

Pooh
11-04-2007, 02:01 AM
Steve
if it is what I know as the York Automotive compressor I have a couple or three at the college which we could strip to get bore and stroke if that would help.

Ian

SteveDixey
11-04-2007, 12:48 PM
Steve
if it is what I know as the York Automotive compressor I have a couple or three at the college which we could strip to get bore and stroke if that would help.

Ian
I know the bore & stroke. Just wanted a btu or kw rating out of a book if possible to save going through all the calcs manually.

Thanks

Steve

SteveDixey
12-04-2007, 02:56 PM
Mayball, Result!! :D

I tried the American company contacts but they got bounced so I e-mailed the European sales office in Hamburg. They very kindly sent me through some performance curves for the compressor.

Thanks again for the contact information

Regards

Steve