PDA

View Full Version : Does a tiny quantity affect?

afak
14-03-2007, 05:13 PM
Hi to every one

I am going to change the refrigerant in R22 refrigeration system to R404a, after replacing the old oil charg with a mineral oil, does that need to clean all the system from the internal film of the old oil,or this small quantity has no harm?thanks to every one.

taz24
14-03-2007, 06:28 PM
Hi to every one

I am going to change the refrigerant in R22 refrigeration system to R404a, after replacing the old oil charg with a mineral oil, does that need to clean all the system from the internal film of the old oil,or this small quantity has no harm?thanks to every one.

Are you charging with a mineral oil?
404a uses synthetic doesn't it?

What ever you are changing you may have to change it 2 or 3 times to ensure total removal.

taz.

Pooh
14-03-2007, 07:44 PM
Afak
you would be better to change to R407C as it is nearer to R22 in performance.

Ian

mr cool
14-03-2007, 09:18 PM
r404a needs to be on synthetic oil. i would change the oil sep and oil reservior and blow the system through with ofn, then vac for a good while. be warned that 404 has a nasty habit to eat through old gaskets in soli valves etc. also you need to change the tev. a good couple of oil changes and drier changes are recommended after running for a while.

afak
15-03-2007, 05:18 PM
Thank you taz24,pooh,mr cool .Higly apreciated your help.I was trying the possibility of using Maneurop MT 160 with R404a but found this notice ,to day, in the Mt comp. cataluge:Maneurop MT compressors should never be used for R404a,even with the mineral oil replaced by polyolester oil.Thank you again for help.