PDA

View Full Version : in need of help!!!

SamiJo
13-03-2007, 03:34 PM
Can anyone tell me what type of fridge technology is most efficient? Technology that is easy to dispose of - CFC/HFC free? and does anyone know much about magnetic refrigeration!!!

Hope someone can help!!

S :D

lana
13-03-2007, 05:10 PM
Can anyone tell me what type of fridge technology is most efficient? Technology that is easy to dispose of - CFC/HFC free? and does anyone know much about magnetic refrigeration!!!

Hope someone can help!!

S :D

Hi,
I think one can not pin point the most efficient technology. Everyone has some good and bad points.
Anyway, about the magnetic refrigeration I received a research paper published in the Institute of Refrigeration (UK). As I am a member then I get one copy. You can check their site and see if it is free to download.
www.ior.org.uk
Cheers:)

SamiJo
13-03-2007, 10:52 PM
Do you know if technology that is CFC/HFC free is the same process but using natural gas instead??and if it is the same process, do you think it is better for the environment? sorry i'm useless i'm designing a fridge and i know nothing.

S :confused:

SamiJo
13-03-2007, 11:05 PM
Hi,
I think one can not pin point the most efficient technology. Everyone has some good and bad points.
Anyway, about the magnetic refrigeration I received a research paper published in the Institute of Refrigeration (UK). As I am a member then I get one copy. You can check their site and see if it is free to download.

The paper is free but because i am not a member i am unable to access this ...is it possible for you to get me a copy of the magnetic refrigeration???i would really appreciate your help.:D

Brian_UK
13-03-2007, 11:59 PM
Hey Sami, have a look here, this paper gives a broad view on the subject...
http://www.external.ameslab.gov/news/Inquiry/fall97/bigchill.html

I think it has a long way to go yet for ordinary fridges etc.

lana
14-03-2007, 06:05 PM
Dear SamiJo,
I downloaded the paper but the size is more than 100K so I can not attach. Give me your mail so I can mail it to you.

mr cool
14-03-2007, 09:26 PM
nh3 (or ammonia as it is also known) is a very efficiant refrigerant, but quite nasty with it. you could use a nh3 system with a glycol secondary system to feed heat exchangers. heat absobtion ratios of theise substances are some of the highest around.

SamiJo
14-03-2007, 10:47 PM
Dear SamiJo,
I downloaded the paper but the size is more than 100K so I can not attach. Give me your mail so I can mail it to you.

Thanks.... samiohagan(at)yahoo.ie