PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Australia

stevelaird
12-03-2007, 09:53 PM
Hi Guys

Iam currently at the start of my visa application to emigrate to Australia from cold wet Scotland and would be very greatful of any advice that any one can give me about life over there for us A/C blokes cheers:)

plucka99
15-03-2007, 01:59 AM
Hi Guys

Iam currently at the start of my visa application to emigrate to Australia from cold wet Scotland and would be very greatful of any advice that any one can give me about life over there for us A/C blokes cheers:)

I imagine you will be very busy, There has been an a/c buying explosion in the last few years.

frosty74
17-03-2007, 06:49 AM
hi steve

i am living over in perth moved here from manchester last year.
really hot very busy plenty of work best way to go though is as a contractor earn more money that way thats what i do.
worked for a few companies but they take this piss out of you finacially.
need anymore info just email me bud

mark

true-blue
19-03-2007, 06:22 AM
Good idea, it is great here, in Australia

wolf
21-03-2007, 07:14 AM
if you coming to nsw you need a/c licence!
prepare all paper work!

chilla
22-10-2007, 10:23 PM
its the way to go, had some great times in the west of aus . hopefully going back after christmas to work.

PaulZ
23-10-2007, 01:23 AM
Hi Steve
We have employed several guys from GB and South Africa over the years andI know it is a drawn out procedure. generally it takes a minimum of 3 months to get all the required paperwork done. Our government has been very slow at realising there is amajor shortage of fridgies in Aust especially Industrial / Commercial.
As Plucka99 said there has been an A/C explosion here. Every man and his dog is selling high wall splits and there are cheap so it is affordable fo a lot more people.
You will be spoilt for choice of where to live and what work you want to do. If you don't like humidity don't live north of Brisbane.
Paul

bruce a
23-10-2007, 04:29 PM
The best part about aus is the women weather and beer!!

PaulZ
24-10-2007, 02:58 AM
You are spot on Bruce but you forgot fishing

MadMax
14-11-2007, 03:21 AM
Depends a lot on where you move to and what side of things you want to be involved with ie. manufacturing, service or contracting.

Tesla
14-11-2007, 07:50 AM
Hi Steve...
I came from the land of the long white cloud where it's cold and wet too. I would not go back willingly. I worked in perth, brisbane, melbourne, and sydney. If you look at the stats - sydney has far more jobs than any where, with the conguestion of people here in sydney it's a bit in your face (bussy bussy) but thats how I like it. Saw the best looking chicks in perth ( at the time they were paying peanuts ) now they are desperate and paying the best so I hear - gold/mining boom. Brisbane is paying well to - a bit of a construction boom. Melbourne was very union oriented. At the moment the seems to be a focus on energy management upgrades in syd but the money is drying up compared to the olympics boom. If you come to NSW you will need a gas licence, they are clamping down. However I don't have one and most others that I know don't - and I wont get one, so now I work on BMS. Be very carefull many employers will try to exploit new entrants with wages and conditions thanks to some silly polititions (can't spell). most companys have what is called an AWA which is the rich get rich contract and a few are on an EBA contract which is the best ie you get all the extras. Good Luck it will be worth while. As for life well you don't have one during the summer - too much work to get done