PDA

View Full Version : LG Cassette lights

Climateman
11-03-2007, 10:38 PM
I have fitted 2 LG UT60 cassettes. One cassette is showing all of the lights on the cassette fascia panel. Anyone know why?:confused:

Electrocoolman
12-03-2007, 01:05 AM
Try searching http://mylg.co.uk

Andy W
12-03-2007, 08:34 AM
The lesson to be learned is dont fit LG.......simple.

Climateman
12-03-2007, 11:34 PM
Thanks Electrocoolman, I'll try it. Andy, I'm starting to learn the lesson.

Karl Hofmann
12-03-2007, 11:45 PM
Thanks Electrocoolman, I'll try it. Andy, I'm starting to learn the lesson.

Don't worry, we've all been there. I ripped out a troublesome LG Cassette three years after fitting it and did a "Basil Fawlty" on it with a crowbar....Ha! You won't do that again will ya?:eek:

Climateman
12-03-2007, 11:59 PM
was it a planned rip out or did you just loose it one day? By the way, nothing relevant on mylg.co.uk

Karl Hofmann
13-03-2007, 12:06 AM
The thing had been pissing me off for three years so it was cold blooded murder...and yes I enjoyed it...Once I started beating it about the coils, I just couldn't stop and yes, I'm proud that I killed it.:eek: I'd been planning it for some time.

Replaced it with a Sanyo which only sees me for servicing.:D

Electrocoolman
13-03-2007, 12:50 AM
Climateman,
You say there is nothing relevant on mylg site.

What is the set up of the 2 units....are they in the same room?....independant systems with own outdoor units? Group control? Wired or Infrared. How connected? Panel part numbers the same...correct for unit?

Andy W
13-03-2007, 08:28 AM
Probably as well to contact your distributor for some of the famous "LG technical help", if you purchased from Shorts Environmental, do not ring, do not ask for parts under warranty, paperwork will be convieniently lost, all records of your phone calls will be erased.............

Regarding Karl smashing his troublesome LG to bits, I did exactly the same with a wall mount at just 3 years old and replaced it with a Fujitsu, very satisfying seeing an LG blitzed, thats for all the trouble LG have given me over a 2 year period you git!

Climateman
14-03-2007, 09:12 PM
Electrocoolman, cassettes are 2 x LG UT60 fixed speed models, each with it's own outdoor unit. They are in the same zone but each one has to have a separate controller (The larger LG units can't be group controlled - watch out for that one!)

ginger ninja
15-03-2007, 01:10 PM
you might want to double check that

i think you can group the UT60's as long as they are not on a synchro (twin, triple, quad) outdoor, so UU100 or UU72.

might be worth phoning LG themselves 01753 876772 and ask for technical. Or you could text the fault code on the wired remote to 07624 818794.

hendrag
16-03-2007, 10:22 AM
if you go to http://www.mylg.co.uk go to the fault diagnosis section and download the fault codes for universal all the info is there.

ref the technical help i am working on this, (i run lg uk tech department) LG are opening a full technical support facility in 2 weeks it will operate over the phone from 8-30 till 5-30 mon to friday. you will also be able to text your tech quiries to us.A simple fault diagnosis service is already running see mylg for details, numbers etc wil be posted so keep your eyes open.

it sounds like the problem is with the system setup, i assume this is a twin system, download the commissioning procedure (same site ) but commissioning procedures and check you have made all the right settings its easy if you know how.

regrads

hendrag

Climateman
16-03-2007, 11:53 AM
Might be gettinbg somewhere. LG tech say it may be the fascia panel PCB. Re group control they say some of the series A&B cassettes can't be group controlled some can. The series C cassettes can all be group controlled.
I'll get a new PCB from Dean & Wood and let you know how I get on

Climateman
27-03-2007, 04:00 PM
Replaced fascia panel PCB, problem resolved. Well done LG Tech, thanks everyone.

Brian_UK
27-03-2007, 05:55 PM
Glad to hear that the problem is resolved Climateman.