PDA

View Full Version : STAL SRM SCREW compressor

graeme ellis
07-03-2007, 01:49 PM
Hello guys just wondering if someone can point me in the right direction as to finding out where i can get some info on parts availability and manual for a type S51E 26A STAL sRM screw compressor as i am having some difficulty in finding some to help with parts and a manual>by the way i am in Australia.She is a bit tired and needing some TLC.:confused: :eek: Regards Graeme

nh3wizard
07-03-2007, 03:57 PM
I have a couple of US companys that deal with the Stahls,http://mmrefrigeration.com/

Josip
07-03-2007, 07:36 PM
Hi, Graeme Ellis :)

Hello guys just wondering if someone can point me in the right direction as to finding out where i can get some info on parts availability and manual for a type S51E 26A STAL sRM screw compressor as i am having some difficulty in finding some to help with parts and a manual>by the way i am in Australia.She is a bit tired and needing some TLC.:confused: :eek: Regards Graeme

Check this page:

https://www.refparts.york.com/ALLParts/Webpages/FAQ/FAQ.aspx?40=PVBYBD

What kind of problem you have with your compressor?

Best regards, Josip :)

404cab
07-03-2007, 11:45 PM
Hello,

Yes, same than Josip,
I can find spare parts for that if you want, I can give you my email.
Be carefull, you also need some tools for that type of compressor.

The captain
11-03-2007, 03:44 PM
g day mate. Cu at work monday.

graeme ellis
13-03-2007, 04:20 AM
Basically the compressor needs a rebuild due to being very worn internally.Wear metals in oil suggests main bearings and rotors being badly worn. Oil filters are ok and oil pump has been rebuilt so basically it is internal clearances in compressor.56000 hrs on compressor.

graeme ellis
13-03-2007, 04:23 AM
Hello,

Yes, same than Josip,
I can find spare parts for that if you want, I can give you my email.
Be carefull, you also need some tools for that type of compressor.
that would be great if you could do that as it is very difficult to get info or parts on these compressors in Australia.Could you possibly find a manual?:eek: :D

garyb
15-03-2007, 02:01 AM
Hi Graeme

Parts and manuals shouldn't be a problem for you in Oz - I'm in NZ. Stal is part of Johnson Controls (who bought York, who bought Sabroe, who bought Stal). I can get pretty much anything for the S20s, though if your rotors are worn you should be able to get them built up by a decent precision engineering shop. The York Refparts website is a bit thin on information and is not the easiest thing to use. I and some others here were with Stal in the UK for a few years and between us have done plenty of overhauls on pretty much all the Stal range.

Drop me a line at if you want some details.