PDA

View Full Version : Wholesalers poor service

Electrocoolman
06-03-2007, 06:11 PM
Hi All,
Just got back from the wholesalers....what a waste of time!

More than half of the items on my list were "out of stock"....these were basic items like 7 and 10w motors, sight glass, fusible plug.

To crown it off...waited in for a delivery all morning long .....it still hasn't turned up despite paying 9pound courier charge.....moan moan.

Anybody else have trouble with lack of stock at wholesalers?

Brian_UK
06-03-2007, 08:54 PM
Being On Stop helps shorten the time wasted, you just leave and get a coffee ;)

Latte
07-03-2007, 12:23 AM
This is a subject that comes up about once a year.
It usually seems that diffierent outlets of the same company vary wildly. Take NRS as i use these most. Cambridge Branch are Very good on most things. all the fast moving stuff like fan motors they never run out of even when the other suppliers do. They only thing that annoys me is they dont stock suction or bi-directional driers there and their tool stock is low. Having said that if there is something they havnt got they get straight on the phone from the trade counter and will have it later that day or next day. HRP Bury again Very good everything always in stock but HRP warrington did have a bad name, dont know if its changes recently.

At the end of the day, no one is going to have everything available all the time. There are a lot more outlets than their were even 5 years ago. RPW and SRW spring to mind so there are people out there wanting youre business. give them a go and see how you get on but at the moment i am happy with the overall service i get at NRS

Regards

Raymond

Andy W
08-03-2007, 12:02 AM
RPW are very good, have used them for years and the guy at Manchester Ian Matthews is very helpful and will always go the extra mile to sort you out.

djbe
08-03-2007, 09:22 PM
I tend to favour HRP, been dealing with their Minworth site for years and generally get good service, fast and friendly.

Now Climate Centre (NRS) just around the corner from HRP drives me nuts!. They can make a queue of one person last an hour.

I think it is best to find a supplier that you can work with and generally stick with them. You will always find that they are slightly more expensive than another on certain lines but they are also cheaper on others. This goes for parts availability as well.

Also if you have a good regular supplier they will usually negotiate your discount if you ask (Provided you keep your account paid up to date).

djbe
09-03-2007, 11:22 PM
They must have been listening:rolleyes:

Went into climate centre today to see if they had a fan motor for a Searle cellar cooler. (Knowing that they market Searle).

Prompt service and in stock. So they can get it right sometimes.

Mind you crap discount of 10% and they wouldn't budge on that. Maybe it's because I only use them when I have to:D :D

monkey spanners
09-03-2007, 11:31 PM
I usually tell them i've found one cheaper elsewere and ask if they can match it! Got another 60quid off a cond unit today. More money for the Lorry fund LOL

Cheers Jon

Electrocoolman
10-03-2007, 12:09 AM
They must have been listening:rolleyes:

Went into climate centre today ......

Mind you crap discount of 10% and they wouldn't budge on that. Maybe it's because I only use them when I have to:D :D

I had a go at one of the Climate centre reps at the show because of the crap way their accounts work...I've got a Wolseley account from another section of the company and discounts are not automatically applied across the different sections....you have to get the local reps to set them up.....if you're lucky.

djbe
10-03-2007, 01:22 AM
Yeah, but at least you can use the same account across Wolseley centres.

Comes in handy when you need a new bathroom!

But try Energas for complete stupidity.
Have a gas account, go in to get some gas, see a nice shiny tool that you just must have and they tell you that you can't buy it on your account because that is a different side of the business.

I kid you not, I bought picked up 4 bottles of 404a, 1 large nitrogen and was told I couldn't have a 500g tub of copper grease unless I paid for it there and then.!!!!!!!!

GHAZ
10-03-2007, 10:43 PM
Whent To A Wholesaler In Bristol To Get A Mineral Oil Acid Test Kit And They Said If You Order It Well Get It In A Couple Of Days Time

bernard
10-03-2007, 11:07 PM
Hi

Yes I also find it frustrating but most wholesalers hold very little stock and rely on a next day service.They save money by holding their stock in main depots and by us carry more stock to overcome this poor service.However there is no excuse for not having refrigerant as happens at our Wholesaler.

regards Bernard

Karl Hofmann
11-03-2007, 11:01 AM
RPW are very good, have used them for years and the guy at Manchester Ian Matthews is very helpful and will always go the extra mile to sort you out.

I always found Ian to be a top guy when he was at Stoke. RPW have always done the biz for me. I also find Ambitech to be very good indeed..I gues that we are a little spoilt in the Crewe/Stoke area as we have some very good wholesalers close together :D

weeksy
11-03-2007, 01:21 PM
I find the wolsley group tiresome!

I find Dean & Wood pretty helpful (I use a lot of danfoss stuff) & their discounts are pretty generous & are actually listed in the catalogue.

Andy W
12-03-2007, 08:32 AM
I am just negotiating discounts with my local Wolseley centre, they reckon they can do me some good deals particularly on gas, the rep came to see me last Thursday and promised to e mail me a gas price list that afternoon.............not received it yet.

sid
12-03-2007, 05:27 PM
hi there
not saying who the wholesalers are, one quiet close to central london has two men helping out who dont have a clue about refridgeration are air conditioning.
it just makes me so angry wheni cant phone and ask a question because they dont have a clue, but have to drive there instead and waste half a day.....

djbe
12-03-2007, 10:19 PM
I needed a couple of No. 4 Virgo glassfibre condenser housings the other week.

Tried HRP but they had no stock so I went round to climate centre. No problem they said, can have them for you next Tuesday (this was on a Friday before).

I went in last Wednesday to pick them up and they hadn't arrived. Was told they would chase it up.

Went back in last Friday, after waiting 15 mins. was told that there was a problem with the supplier and they were trying to sort it out. I jokingly replied I guess your on stop then?

So I went back round to HRP and pushed them for a delivery date, they made a phone call and came up with 2 weeks!

So this morning I searched for Virgo on the internet. They are actually called Virgo Marine Ltd. and based in the Wirral. I found their number and called them and spoke to a really helpful bloke.

Guess what, Wolsley Centres are on stop with them and as for HRP he told me that if they give him the order today he will despatch tommorow.

I cancelled the order at Climate Centre, called HRP and told them what Virgo had said.

I'll have them by Friday at the latest.

So I guess it's a case of don't believe everything you are told.

Andy
12-03-2007, 11:50 PM
I find the wolsley group tiresome!

I find Dean & Wood pretty helpful (I use a lot of danfoss stuff) & their discounts are pretty generous & are actually listed in the catalogue.

I use D&W , have usedthem for over 15 years, the Belfast brancxh is second to none.:)

We used that other large wholesaler for copper pipe, they promised our Purchasing Manager the earth moon and stars (but you have to get it youself):(
and they are trying to stitch us up on a suply deal we had exclusive to us in Ireland.

Me I stick to Dean and Wood;) if they don't have it they bring it in next day from England, if England hasn't got it they will air freight it to me (usually from Danfoss in Denmark) within 3 days.

Me I use Dean and Wood and Danfoss if at all possible;)

Kind Regards Andy:)

Latte
13-03-2007, 12:05 AM
I Have found D&W OK but they dont have any depots out this way. Norwich is the Nearest and who wants to go to Norwich :eek: (Sorry Mark)

What i cant understand is why no one has oppened up a site in Milton Keynes. The amount of building work going on there and they large amount of offices surely would pay its way.

maybe if i win the lottery :D

Regards

Raymond

Andy W
13-03-2007, 08:32 AM
I used to fetch housings from Virgo Marine years and years ago as we used to work out that way quite a lot. Do they sell direct these days? RPW usually get my housings either from stock or next day, if you havent yet experienced RPW definately worth a try.