PDA

View Full Version : Turbocor

Mike Hopkins
12-05-2002, 03:51 AM
Anyone familiar with a type of smaller centrifugal compressor from Turbocor? Rather advanced technology here, from what I've read they have a 60-90 TR range centrifugal that uses mag-lev bearings among other things to achieve +35 % efficieny gain over similar recip's. and screws. The mag-lev bearing deal needs no oil, oil pump, etc. Just a good UPS system and back up bearings.
They do have a website but not much there yet. I saw it an a trade publication advertisement.
Mike Hopkins

Perseus
09-01-2006, 06:18 AM
Investigated this a year ago. Talked to a sales rep and a technical engineer. My application is +5 degrees F and they were concerned about condensation in the electrical components which are mounted on the body of the comp. They were kind enough to send through the mail a DVD with a lot of information and literature. They told me to keep checking in since they are working on covering lower temp applications. I understand it works great for AC.

They are supposedly quieter, which would help with hearing loss:rolleyes:

Lc_shi
13-01-2006, 01:50 AM
The company is in Canada and I've received one DVD from it. It should be a good product but I've not seen they are applied . Maybe it's in the promotion stage.

rgds
LC

botrous
13-01-2006, 10:41 PM
I've received the DVD by mail and sounds great , but never seen an application here using it . . . . till now

US Iceman
13-01-2006, 11:57 PM
Hi guys,

I have a client who has been talking about using these compressors for some refrigeration applications. If the project moves forward I will let you know how the compressors work.

wambat
14-01-2006, 01:18 AM
For more information go here: http://www.turbocor.com/literature/pdfs/articles/frictionless.pdf :)