PDA

View Full Version : Piston,rotative,scroll...which technology??

alejo78
06-03-2007, 09:42 AM
Hi everybody...
I am trying to understand wich is the best technology for every range of appliance...
I know that piston technology is cheap and reliable for low power appliances and scroll technology is good for medium to high power uses, but what would you call exactly low, medium and high power?
Thanks to all!

raviperumal
06-03-2007, 11:29 AM
Hi,
Low power - Low Bach pressure application
Medium - Medium Back pressure application
High - High Back Pressure application

According to the Back pressure to the compressor the classification as made.

Best regards,
ravi perumal

Josip
06-03-2007, 01:30 PM
Hi, alejo78 :)

Welcome to RE.

Hi everybody...
I am trying to understand wich is the best technology for every range of appliance...
I know that piston technology is cheap and reliable for low power appliances and scroll technology is good for medium to high power uses, but what would you call exactly low, medium and high power?
Thanks to all!

What you mean here with power:confused:

refrigeration capacity -low, medium, high
evaporating temperature -low,medium,high

:confused:

Hi, Raviperumal :)

Hi,
Low power - Low Bach pressure application
Medium - Medium Back pressure application
High - High Back Pressure application

According to the Back pressure to the compressor the classification as made.

Best regards,
ravi perumal

Very interesting, this is an engineering forum can you put some numbers to explain classification of power;)

Sorry I do not understand:confused: your explanation.

Best regards, Josip :)

alejo78
06-03-2007, 02:42 PM
Hi to all...and thanks for your answers...
Perhaps it was not so clear, I was talking about compressors for refrigerating systems...
What I know is that piston (reciprocal) compressors are used for air cooling appliances until 17000m3/h...
and that scroll compressors are used only when there is involved a big amount of cooled air (big industrial uses)...but in the middle there is the rotary compressor, or roller compressor, that works in lower mass rates...can you help?

Thanks to alle!

wkd
07-03-2007, 08:29 PM
It really depends on the application.You then have to look at cost and energy efficiency.Other thing that come to mind are hermetically sealed or semi this will affect leak testing when F gas comes to pass.On larger chillers we used to use recips for heatpumps because you couldn't get the correct VI with a screw and that hit the COP.Also trend has a big part to play it is 'uncool'to have recips and cool to have screws or scrolls,even though you can service and repair a recip but generally have to completely replace a srew or scroll.