PDA

View Full Version : R410a Manifolds?

Rotax100uk
06-03-2007, 12:44 AM
Is there such a thing as "quick release" R410a gauge manifolds?

I have been working on a R410a install job and have noticed that after a vac out and once the gas is let into the system on a pre charged toshiba system the pressure once i undo the gauge lines is very high! i cant seem to undo them quick enough seem to loose a fair bit of refrige too?

Any tips?

The Viking
06-03-2007, 05:09 PM
All major fridge suppliers (HRP, D&W, CC) stock quick couplers.
Normally works OK, JUST MAKE SURE YOU GET THE ONES FOR R410a

Brian_UK
06-03-2007, 08:55 PM
You should, as a minimum, being using gauge lines with ball valves.

airconadam
17-05-2007, 10:37 PM
ihave quick seal adapters on my r410 lines but they are different than 22 etc but the pressure will still be in the lines and not loosing loads like u said cant get it off wuick enough i think i got mine from rpw thanks alot

momo
17-05-2007, 11:15 PM
Still trying to get what was mentioned...
Short pipes and some screw ons allow adjustment of the valve pusher with care.

Always take off the line operating at a lower pressure.
On cooling: suction line
Then change to heating ... wait ... runs ... and then liquid line.
That way the pressure will be lower than that of the refrigerant at ambient temperature, with R410, it's no joke.

marc5180
18-05-2007, 08:39 PM
Iv also got a set of quick release 410 for my guage lines, think they cost me 10pounds each so they arent cheap but there worth their weight in gold. you can also get them in a 90deg for them hard to get to service ports

BigJon3475
19-05-2007, 03:23 AM
Just an idea....have no way of knowing if this works...so it's more of a question. Do they have short charging hoses with a shut off within a few inches or 75 mm's? You could shut the high side of the gauges off and slowly feed the ref. back into the low side...I do this with R-22 on my gauges so you lose bare minimum of ref. plus it eliminates the liquid in the charging line so when you take it off you only get a short release just a little worse than suction line. Don't know about 410-A very much will have to learn soon though so if this isn't possible sorry.

Peter_1
19-05-2007, 07:09 AM
Just an idea....have no way of knowing if this works...so it's more of a question. Do they have short charging hoses with a shut off within a few inches or 75 mm's? You could shut the high side of the gauges off and slowly feed the ref. back into the low side...I do this with R-22 on my gauges so you lose bare minimum of ref. plus it eliminates the liquid in the charging line so when you take it off you only get a short release just a little worse than suction line. Don't know about 410-A very much will have to learn soon though so if this isn't possible sorry.

BigJOhn, I do it the same way with the quick couplers but the suction on R410 a is still high when running (+/- 7 bar or 100 psi)
Only possible solution is pumping down, removing manifold and then opening valves again.
That's how I learn it the students in the evening classes.

momo
19-05-2007, 01:53 PM
BigJOhn, I do it the same way with the quick couplers but the suction on R410 a is still high when running (+/- 7 bar or 100 psi)
Only possible solution is pumping down, removing manifold and then opening valves again.
That's how I learn it the students in the evening classes.

I like the proceedures in the previous two posts: however, care must be taken not to oversuck the lines to below atmosphere pressure and I forsee difficulty in the shutting of valves while getting the machine to stop - especially with inverter/electronic controlled units (with no outdoor switch:mad:) . Usually I just loosen the relay/compressor cable to stop pumping down, but on a ladder up 3m outside in wind with your meters , tools etc, risking an electric shock - it is easier said than done :o.
Practice makes perfect:cool:

chiller-man
19-05-2007, 05:25 PM
No outdoor switch! Is that not illegal?

Tony
21-05-2007, 01:20 PM
No outdoor switch! Is that not illegal?

We are talking Spain Here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool: