PDA

View Full Version : Liebert computer room units

Rick Harris
11-05-2002, 08:53 PM
I am based on a large site that has quite a few Liebert System 3 units,both split and package.Can anyone tell me the DIP switch settings on the main circuit board.I cannot seem to get any info from Liebert.If any of my former Canadian associates read this could they respond with Jo-Ad Industries phone number/web site
Cheers Rick

Mike Hopkins
12-05-2002, 03:04 AM
Try www.liebert.com. They have technical manuals and such on most of their hvac products. You have to look around a bit but the info is there. Hope you have a good connection speed though.
Mike Hopkins

Rick Harris
12-05-2002, 07:32 AM
Mike;Thanks for the tip, but I did try the web site and what I require is for equipment that is about 10 yeras old plus.Their site is for new kit.I have mailed them before and did not have much luck,Cheers Rick

Mike Hopkins
14-05-2002, 02:07 AM
Got a model #? May be able to find it for you in the vast morass
of literature. What type of display do the units have? I seem to recall having dealings with those dip switches in the past.

Mike Hopkins

Rick Harris
14-05-2002, 09:20 AM
Hi Mike;Thanks for your reply,the ones we have are model number FE240G-G10 but as you know Liebert made most of the boards the same to suit a range of products.We also have a bunch of MPD units as well.The units are System 3 type with the scrolling lights for setting up and alarms.None of them have the newer type that just have the one button.Ours are the scroll button and alarm silence butttons,,,,, Cheers Rick

Mike Hopkins
15-05-2002, 04:08 AM
From the model # you have the level 10 micro. Voltage code you have there is not listed in my lit. but then you probably have the 50hz units ? Hate to keep asking questions but does the micro board have 2 sets of dip switches? if so we are on the right page. One set will have 1.1 through 1.8 and the other will have 2.1 through 2.8, there are about 4 pages of info on those switches.
First page is quite generic, tells what on or off does but no detailed description, rest of pages are detailed description of each switch whether on/off. Not coming up with anything on the
MPD, best guess is a mini - mate of some type? Let me know about these questions and it would be a simple matter to make some copies and mail them to you. Your model # indicates a down flow w/econocoil, 20 ton, glycol cooled, 2 step DX or chilled water, voltage 50hz?, level 10 micro.

Mike Hopkins

Rick Harris
15-05-2002, 07:53 PM
Mike;Yes indeed they are 50hz and there is two sets of dip switches non of which are shown on the wiring diagram and I think there is about seven switches.The mpd units are not the mini-mate type but basically a small version of the system 3.Evidently these units were made in France ,destined for the Middle East market but we ended up with them.Than you for your help Cheers Rick

Mike Hopkins
16-05-2002, 01:53 AM
Well then let's have a go at it.
I will list on/off positions.
1.1 enable beeper/ disable
1.2 disable positive start (water&glycol) / enable (air cooled)
1.3 sitemaster 100/ all others
1.4 *F/ *C
1.5 4-step/ 2-step
1.6 valve actuator/ mod motor
1.7 enable glycool/ disable
1.8 small humidifier pan/large pan

2.1 disable set mode control/ enable
2.2 disable reheats/ enable
2.3 disable humidification/ enable
2.4 disable dehumification/ enable
2.5 - compressor dehumid normal reheat/ 2 comp. dehumid controlled reheat cycling
2.6 enable dual source cooling/ disable
2.7 hot water or steam reheat/ electric reheat
2.8 chilled water system/ compressor system

Important note 1.1 & 2.1 can be changed while operating, all other changes are to be made while powered up and then power down main power (only read during power reset).
If you have hot gas reheat turn 2.2 & 2.7 off. I assume no liability for any thing here, although this information is straight out of the manual, you are the one operating the machine and I know will
check any thing you change thoroughly.
If you need further explanation let me know the particular switch and I'll break it down a little more (to the manuals ability).

Regards, Mike Hopkins

Rick Harris
16-05-2002, 05:20 PM
Mike;Thanks again for your help and I am pretty sure you are correct.I had to leave my Liebert manuals in Canada when I left so I wanted to make sure.Cheers Rick

tony_rich
20-05-2002, 11:14 PM
I know mike gave you what you need but you may want to call 1800(liebert) tell them you need info on inviromental units they will hellp you

Rick Harris
21-05-2002, 09:11 PM
Tony;Thanks for the info but I have called and because this was a Liebert site before I took over I cannot get parts shipped and get no help what so ever.Thanks to Mike I was able to set the dip switches that had been scrambled.We are in the process of converting the Liebert pcb's to a Trend system and so far the equipment has run much better and cheaper.Anyway Thanks again Cheers Rick

hvac01453
30-06-2002, 01:47 AM
My younger brother worked at a few places where there was Mickey Mouse wiring and jumpers everywhere. Needless to say, call backs up the wazoo. They got tired of it , ripped everything out and put in a transformer, contactors for each compressor, evaporator fan, fan relays, HP, LP, fuses overloads (ect...) then just wired in things the way they wanted them to operate. No call backs and they run great . So it sounds like ripping out the Liebert controls and putting in your own was a smart idea, especially if the OEM isn't supporting you..

Tiesse
20-04-2008, 06:53 AM
For UK support, you need to be calling Emerson Network Power. +44 (0)1628 403200

Brian_UK
20-04-2008, 08:45 PM
Useful number Tiesse but six years late, sorry.;)

Tiesse
12-08-2008, 03:17 PM
Useful number Tiesse but six years late, sorry.;)

Didn't get your post first of all & then noticed the date on the post I was replying to, Doh!

Brian_UK
12-08-2008, 11:27 PM
Not to worry, we all do it some time....:)