PDA

View Full Version : Sky Dish !

stevo
02-03-2007, 07:21 AM
Hi ; I have been asked to install a split high wall mounted inverter heatpump system (fujitsu 3.5kw) in a bedroom ! the outdoor unit can only be floor mounted on the veranda,(posh house! lol) but there is a sky dish directly above the proposed c.u location (approx 2mts ) customer has asked if the a/c will give any interference in anyway to her sky service ? anyone come across this before ?......thanks :)

Paulajayne
02-03-2007, 09:14 AM
I would think no as Sky is not an RF signal (RF is prone to electrical noise, motors, switches etc)

But I would speak to Mr Sky to be sure.

Paula

refaircon
02-03-2007, 05:24 PM
i have a non inverter on my decking close to my sky dish, had no probs. Don't know about an inverter though

Electrocoolman
02-03-2007, 06:11 PM
I would have thought that provided you kept any cabling runs separated from the dish and downlead then you should not have problems.
If any cables do have to cross then ensure that they do so at right angles.
You should specify using screened cabling between the indoor and outdoor units.
The better respected makes of aircon might give you less problems as well as offering better technical support if there are problems.
Inverters (can) generate harmonics on the mains but they should not interfere with the RF spectrum.

stevo
03-03-2007, 09:57 AM
Manythanks for your helpful replies...... :)

Obi Wan
04-03-2007, 09:32 PM
Hi ; I have been asked to install a split high wall mounted inverter heatpump system (fujitsu 3.5kw) in a bedroom ! the outdoor unit can only be floor mounted on the veranda,(posh house! lol) but there is a sky dish directly above the proposed c.u location (approx 2mts ) customer has asked if the a/c will give any interference in anyway to her sky service ? anyone come across this before ?......thanks :)

Hello Stevo,

All equipment sold in the UK and across Europe needs to be CE marked. On the Daikin units you can find the installation manual and on the 1st page you can find the CE-Declaration of conformity certificate. This will show that the equipment is tested for and has passed the Low Voltage 73/23/EEC and Electromagnetic Compatibility 89/336/EEC directives. Basically the CE directives ensure that the kit can tolerate certain amount electronic & electromagnetic noise interference. Also it will not emit such noise interference within a certain tolerance to affect other equipment.
To find out more about these two CE directives, just enter them on Google and you will find a mass of info. (a lot of heavy reading though).
On the of chance you do get a problem its worth checking if the Sky Dish is CE marked and does conform the CE regulations.

Regards

Obi Wan.

stevo
09-03-2007, 08:55 PM
Hello Stevo,

All equipment sold in the UK and across Europe needs to be CE marked. On the Daikin units you can find the installation manual and on the 1st page you can find the CE-Declaration of conformity certificate. This will show that the equipment is tested for and has passed the Low Voltage 73/23/EEC and Electromagnetic Compatibility 89/336/EEC directives. Basically the CE directives ensure that the kit can tolerate certain amount electronic & electromagnetic noise interference. Also it will not emit such noise interference within a certain tolerance to affect other equipment.
To find out more about these two CE directives, just enter them on Google and you will find a mass of info. (a lot of heavy reading though).
On the of chance you do get a problem its worth checking if the Sky Dish is CE marked and does conform the CE regulations.

Regards

Obi Wan.

Hi: Installed today with no probs !..thanks again. ;)