PDA

View Full Version : Daikin, Why do we bother?

gwilliamson
28-02-2007, 08:47 PM
Why do we all bother with Daikin. Ok so i have had a bad day but they drive us mad. I have spent three days trying to speak to my 'Sales Support Assistant' on three projects i emailed to him last friday. they are all on a deadline but hey, my trusty Daikin Sales Support Assistant can help. So i have spent 3 days on hold to be told tonight he is a way ill!!. Did nobody notice he was missing from his desk?, No they just told me his line is busy!!!!.
So i speak to someone else this afternoon to start the whole process again and will now have to wait another 3 days for a response. On top of all that i try to place an order with Daikin and they are out of stock! . Its february for Christ Sake. In short i have changed all the Kit to Hitachi. I dont suppose Daikin give a toss but i feel better.
Why do we put up with there Cr*p customer service? Its about time the worm turned. There must be a proper alternative out there?
Told you i'd had a bad day...
Thanks

TSK
28-02-2007, 09:06 PM
Try Sanyo from ICG, it used to have a bad name which I belive it deserved, however that was a few years ago, we have been using mostly Sanyo for nearly a year now and installed a goodly number of varied systems with only one failure at commissioning stage, and the agent sent someone to replace the part for us as well!:)

Makeit go Right
28-02-2007, 09:19 PM
Space Air Conditioning Ltd distribute Daikin equipment, and they are more customer oriented.

Tel: 01483-504883 Fx: 01483-574835
info@spaceair.co.uk
http://www.spaceair.co.uk

{As for the Daikin chap who is off ill, what's wrong with his laptop, he should be able to answer emails, even with a heavy cold. Simply dumping his post for a few days is just gross.}

Latte
28-02-2007, 10:04 PM
I am afraid you have found Daikins achilles heel :eek:

Their equipment is top of the range, once its up and running it will work better and outlast most of the competition BUT, when you do get a fault and need technical support you have got to be very patient.
Most of the other a/c companies have realised this and now have more support staff. Mitsi Electric 5 years ago was terrible, now they are great:D . Even when i worked for a Daikin dealer we had no extra support services open to us.

All i can say is thank goodness Frank is on the forum, He's got me out of trouble on more than one occassion when i got nowhere with them

Regards

Raymond

Tomking
02-03-2007, 02:46 AM
I have heard Daikin staff are struggling and I believe they are frustrated as you all are, they have to put on a brave face though.

Is anyone using Daikin water cooled VRV like the Mitsi version is being used for geothermal?

phil17
02-03-2007, 08:41 PM
Have always found Space Airconditioning far better than Daikin for technical advice

Lowrider
02-03-2007, 10:36 PM
Had a small heat pump from Daikin which gave a u2-errror. Had to wait 3 weeks in midwinter for a new inverter-print to come! Ridiculous! I work for a much larger company a I can even have a new electromotor for a centrifugal chiller from china within the week!:confused:

puddleboy3
02-03-2007, 11:21 PM
Well to even things out im currently waiting on a PCB from mitsi thats on a six week delivery, Quality service!!!!!!!!!!On the other hand received parts from Daikin on time and delivered with a smile, open up box to find items smashed to bits. Can you win all the time no matter who you go with?

al
03-03-2007, 06:09 PM
Coolingmagic

Hitachi now combine controller and timer in one, saw one at the rac.

Al

davej
03-03-2007, 07:33 PM
im with gwilliamson on this now, we have always used daikin and the kit is good but since we have not been as busy and not sold as much as usual they dont want to know, but we have recently on a recommendation been speaking to space and they seem much better. early days though.
daikin dont care unless you spend thousand a year.

puddleboy3
03-03-2007, 11:21 PM
I think Space should start selling kit in Scotland and offering technical help north of the border. Might make Daikin think about the service they provide. At the end of the day im a big Daikin fan but the service from them has become a joke!!!!! As a young engineer I was always told "Your only as good as your last job"

Obi Wan
04-03-2007, 11:08 PM
I know a fair few people at Daikin UK before and after the mergers, and I am of the opinion that they are forgetting what there role is now. With large amounts of money being spent on posh offices etc…they are believing that they are actually the manufacturer. In reality this could not be further from the truth. There is a certain air of grandeur seeping in.
There role is to distribute Daikin equipment, provide technical support there customers, know what the market requires and what there customers need but above all maintain and increase Daikin market share in the UK.
The HR department has too much influence and some of the best engineers are too busy doing too little. You have to understand that before the mergers these people were competitors now they forced to work together. Point being that each person comes with a certain amount of baggage. The management is too worried about rocking the boat, when what some people need is a good kick up the #ss.
I heard on the grape vine that there MD’s term is up and new MD is appointed. So all change AGAIN. Expect more of the same.:confused:

Obi Wan
04-03-2007, 11:13 PM
I think Space should start selling kit in Scotland and offering technical help north of the border. Might make Daikin think about the service they provide. At the end of the day im a big Daikin fan but the service from them has become a joke!!!!! As a young engineer I was always told "Your only as good as your last job"

Space do serve the whole of the UK and the channel islands. Maybe the decision makers in your company should give them a call.

darrencox
20-03-2007, 09:24 PM
Space Air conditioning are ok just make sure you have you model and serial numbers ready!!

frank
20-03-2007, 09:59 PM
Space Air conditioning are ok just make sure you have you model and serial numbers ready!!

Hello darrencox and welcome to the forum.

Quite a nice one line opening introduction as Peter would say.

I've delt with Space air for over 15 years and they have always supported my business, polite, helpful, ring back as promised, etc etc.

On the point of model numbers and serial numbers - this is only used so that they can, 1) know which bit of kit you are talking about and 2) know if they sold it to you or if it is someone elses responsibility.

Imagine if you had your own company and you were paying someone to sit at a desk and answer the phone as a tech help.
Would you want your man (/woman) to sit there talking to idiots for hours on end trying to find out which bit of kit he was referring to only then to find out that you didn't supply it in the first place so you haven't even had a chance to make a bit of profit out of the sale? It all costs money, nothing is for free.

If you can find any other company in this trade that is more customer friendly, I'd like to know.

Brian_UK
20-03-2007, 11:56 PM
Space Air conditioning are ok just make sure you have you model and serial numbers ready!!Hi Darren and welcome.

Your comment above would apply to any help desk that you approached. They aren't mind readers and knowing some customers you could be calling about your computer:eek:

MadMax
25-10-2007, 02:23 AM
DunnAir in australia is pretty good. Used to have a woeful reputation, but they build to specs 8 weeks max delivery time & everyone in their office knows the units backwards.

WINJA
01-11-2007, 08:23 AM
Daiken in NZ arent much better , last time I picked up a compressor from them it was from a logistics company sitting upside down on the shelf between 20 kg bags of peanuts and drums of cooking oil , the compressor had been dropped so I declined taking it and waited 3 weeks for the new one to turn up , also none of their technical guys could help with a reocuring fault ,I got lots of run around and time wasting ideas but no real help , why do people bother with Daiken?
This was a long time ago I dont know if their any better but I decided to not bother with them again

Daikin=Overated
06-11-2007, 12:18 PM
In response to Daikins customer service, I'd actually say from my own experiences that from the very offset, trying to get past their reception who pass you through to so often the wrong department, it becomes ever so clear that the company are incompetant in dealing with the very basics with customer care. You can wait for ages to get through to technical support too (which speakes volume if you think about it) Daikins Accounts dept, or admin. It's a joke for a company with such a reputation for excellence.

I disagree too with the comment made from somebody above regarding Daikin kit eventually outlasting and out -performing others. I've had so many problems over the years with so much of their kit, especially manufacturers fabrication issues on outdoor coils which we always footed the bill for. I could go on believe me.

I personally think the new Fujitsu range offers exceptional value for money and reliability. I have used Hitachi too (Axair distr) who are excellent in service, but they stumble when it comes to spares as I've found replacment parts excessively priced! Most companies seem to charge re-stocking fee's which really frustrates me, and hitachi are no exception.

Sanyo, similarly to Daikin have an unnecessarily complicated approach with their PCB logic. Added to that the fact that on most of the systems you have to program the EPROM values via the controller it seems a little out dated practice when 20 foot up in the air on a tower platform linking out pins to go in to programming mode-what a load of agro!

Daikin lost my application for an account three times. Eventually receiving this application, they took a further 4 months to process it. Refusing to issue any parts until I was on account. My customers were left in s*it. I recently got a call from one of their new sales recruits rather randomly who couldn't fathom why it was I wouldn't have anything to do with his company ever again.

I will personally never opt to install Daikin.

Just my 2 pennies worth. I appreciate everyone has had bad experiences with many different suppliers to be fair, but this is my experience with those in question.

Refrigerologist
03-03-2008, 12:18 AM
Why do we all bother with Daikin. Ok so i have had a bad day but they drive us mad. I have spent three days trying to speak to my 'Sales Support Assistant' on three projects i emailed to him last friday. they are all on a deadline but hey, my trusty Daikin Sales Support Assistant can help. So i have spent 3 days on hold to be told tonight he is a way ill!!. Did nobody notice he was missing from his desk?, No they just told me his line is busy!!!!.
So i speak to someone else this afternoon to start the whole process again and will now have to wait another 3 days for a response. On top of all that i try to place an order with Daikin and they are out of stock! . Its february for Christ Sake. In short i have changed all the Kit to Hitachi. I dont suppose Daikin give a toss but i feel better.
Why do we put up with there Cr*p customer service? Its about time the worm turned. There must be a proper alternative out there?
Told you i'd had a bad day...
Thanks

Space Air Conditioniong Customer Service the Best I have ever known. Always call back inside 20minutes, and usually know stuff about the Daikin set up that I think even Daikin don't know!

neil d
31-01-2010, 03:33 PM
Hi everyone,
I'm new to refrigeration I'm a heating installer with ten years experience I've also passed my F GAS safe handling. The company I work for are getting involved with heat pumps I've installed Worcester GSHP Worcester A2AHP, Worcester A2W HP and now we've started using DAIKIN A2W Hi temp and low temp. Any way I'd just like to say the technical support I recieved from Daikin was of the highest standard I had two guys come to site for a 10hr day to sort out a few issues each of which gave me personal mobile numbers for any future help I might need. I've never known such good service in the heating trade.

Ecotempltd
02-02-2010, 10:38 AM
I'll back the sentiment with Space Air being top notch, never had a problem with regards to long waiting periods for parts and at least their staff appear human!

I would say Space Air in Manchester with Daikin and Mitsubishi in Livingston as the best two companies to deal with in all respects.