PDA

View Full Version : Flexible Hoses

WCC73
28-02-2007, 07:26 PM
I wonder if anybody can advise.
We have got to install some splits on a boat moored in the docks.
The customer wants the outdoor units positioned on the quayside.Occasionally the water level rises/falls by about 1meter( when the flood gates are opened)

Units are on R410a so are therefore running at a high pressure.

Does anybody know where i can get some flexible pipe hoses to allow for the movement of the boat or indeed any other bright ideas.

Cheers

Brian_UK
28-02-2007, 07:38 PM
Hi WCC and welcome to the forum.

Would it be more practicable to mount a self contained ducted unit on the quayside and run flexible ductwork onboard instead?

Problems I can foresee to the pipework is the very high risk of damage to due tripping, pulling, pushing etc. Copper tube will also work harden over time with the possibility of fracture.

You would also be going against installation standards having unsupported pipework.

Think carefully about the potential dangers and potential fines or imprisonment due to allowing an uncontrolled release of a hazardous waste.

Peter_1
28-02-2007, 10:08 PM
Both lines are low pressure, expansion is in the outdoor unit.
We use flexibles from Parker.

NoNickName
28-02-2007, 10:09 PM
http://www.transferoil.com/asp/page.asp?A=2007&B=28380&C=ITI001&D=111111111&SETTORE=TUBI+ED+ACCESSORI+GOMAX&FAMIGLIA=INFINITY+CONVOLUTED+HOSE+ROTALOCK+FITTING&TIPTAB=ALTRO&CHIAVE=INFINITY+TUBO+CORRUGATO+RACCORDO+ROTALOCK

WCC73
28-02-2007, 10:42 PM
Hi WCC and welcome to the forum.

Would it be more practicable to mount a self contained ducted unit on the quayside and run flexible ductwork onboard instead?

Problems I can foresee to the pipework is the very high risk of damage to due tripping, pulling, pushing etc. Copper tube will also work harden over time with the possibility of fracture.

You would also be going against installation standards having unsupported pipework.

Think carefully about the potential dangers and potential fines or imprisonment due to allowing an uncontrolled release of a hazardous waste.

Hello Brian

They way I was thinking was to support copper piping on the boat and on the quay( hydrazorb).Then run a lenghth of flexible to take any water level variation.
I hear what you say about a ducted system but I think cost will curtail that. Quoted for 4x Daikin Underslung 4 way blows.

WCC73
28-02-2007, 10:47 PM

Thanks for your reply.
Being more "fridgey" as opposed to AC, are you saying that the suction and liquid lines are not subjected to high R401 pressures?

What is the likely highest running pressures? or the equalised pressure?

Cheers

Paul

Electrocoolman
28-02-2007, 11:43 PM

Peter,
there no mention that the units are cooling only....surely if they are reversible, the above is not the case.

Brian_UK
28-02-2007, 11:46 PM
We use flexibles from Parker.We do have standing pressure to contend with.

Brian_UK
28-02-2007, 11:47 PM
What is the likely highest running pressures? or the equalised pressure?You will also have to perform a strength test of about 33 bar.

WCC73
01-03-2007, 12:19 AM
Thanks for all your responses.
Hopefully managed to locate a wholesaler which will do hoses upto 550psi.
This will hopefully do the trick.

Cheers
Paul

Quality
01-03-2007, 08:17 AM
I Have used flexible hose on many ac units I use a company called Aflex Hoses who manufacture virtualy any type of hose.

monkey spanners
01-03-2007, 05:28 PM
What about a chilled water unit. IMI used to do some water cooled cassettes. you'd only have to worry about low pressure water in the flexible lines, and they would be easily disconnectable should the boat need moving.

Jon

old gas bottle
01-03-2007, 08:16 PM
that will be fun if they cast off before calling you, "splits ahoy",

Electrocoolman
01-03-2007, 09:51 PM
With flexibles and R410.....its evidently not only the higher pressure, but the higher temperature you need to consider.

Abe
02-03-2007, 07:48 AM
I Have used flexible hose on many ac units I use a company called Aflex Hoses who manufacture virtualy any type of hose.

Quality

Would you mind sending me their telephone number via private message please

thank you