PDA

View Full Version : Requirments for Design Engineer

harsen
25-02-2007, 08:45 AM
Hai everybody,
I think everybody know well about me on this forum, I am searching some ideas on design and eating all of ur brains.

Now i get struck up on this,

What is the essential requirments for design engineer ????
(which topic should be needed like heat transfer)

I will be very thankful if somebody guide me on this road

Senthil

Andy
25-02-2007, 10:30 AM
Hai everybody,
I think everybody know well about me on this forum, I am searching some ideas on design and eating all of ur brains.

Now i get struck up on this,

What is the essential requirments for design engineer ????
(which topic should be needed like heat transfer)

I will be very thankful if somebody guide me on this road

Senthil

It depends what you are designing. Thermodynamics is a good start when designing an type of refrigeration equipment. Fluid dynamics is also important.
I have been woking at refrigeration for 16 years and the most important things I have learnt on the job. I needed to know something for a project I was working on so I went and learnt it;)

Kind Regards Andy:)

harsen
25-02-2007, 10:55 AM
It depends what you are designing. Thermodynamics is a good start when designing an type of refrigeration equipment. Fluid dynamics is also important.
I have been woking at refrigeration for 16 years and the most important things I have learnt on the job. I needed to know something for a project I was working on so I went and learnt it;)

Kind Regards Andy:)

Thank u for reply andy,

I am exactly focusing on ducting and ventilation design.

Can u

Senthil

Brian_UK
25-02-2007, 06:08 PM
Senthil., it might be worth while contacting fan manufacturers and learning the principles of airflow and pressures.

Once you understand how a fan works and then understand the effects of duct sizing on resistance to airflow you should be at the start of your learning curve.

A website to make a small start at is here...
http://www.vent-axia.com/knowledge/default.asp

harsen
26-02-2007, 08:15 AM
Senthil., it might be worth while contacting fan manufacturers and learning the principles of airflow and pressures.

Once you understand how a fan works and then understand the effects of duct sizing on resistance to airflow you should be at the start of your learning curve.

A website to make a small start at is here...
http://www.vent-axia.com/knowledge/default.asp

Thank u for ur link , its very useful

Senthil