PDA

View Full Version : What is the best book to get for duct desing?

Jasno999
20-02-2007, 03:29 PM
I woudl like a book that covers it all from start to finich and shows how to properly size ducting or how to analyze flows and thermal losses in different ducting sizes adn shapes.

I saw this one but I am not sure if it is good or not and wanted some suggestions:

Hvac Systems Duct Design (Paperback) - I saw it on Amazon

Brian_UK
20-02-2007, 08:08 PM
As a claimed engineer i would think that you should be able to source the information that you seek yourself.

US Iceman
20-02-2007, 09:59 PM
Here is something you might investigate.

http://www.smacna.org/bookstore/index.cfm?fuseaction=search_results&topicID=3&cfid=4863024&cftoken=7971348

Yes, they do cost money, but these are some very good sources.

I doubt you will find one reference that serves all of your needs. I never have.;)

Jasno999
21-02-2007, 12:30 AM
US Iceman - the on on amazon is cheeper.

Brian UK - Not sure what you problem is but I thought the point of a board like this would be to ask questions and search for information. I am an engineer but I have not done any duct sizing or duct analysis since college so I do not remember it and I need to re-learn what I did know and expand on what I never was able to learn.

US Iceman
21-02-2007, 12:53 AM

Well it may be cheaper. The SMACNA manuals can get expensive, but if you get the right one they have so much information on duct fittings, etc. to serve as a single source for reference material.

Of course, they are not so much of a "how to" book, so you might be better off with the cheaper one althought I have not heard of that specific book before.

But then, that doesn't mean anything. I don't do HVAC systems either.:D

PS. try not to be too hard on our MOD's.;)

Jasno999
22-02-2007, 01:56 PM
not being hard on him he was being hard on me.

Thanks for the info. I need a how too book and I don't know where to get one that is goign to be a good one.

US Iceman
22-02-2007, 02:17 PM
Some of the new books on Amazon have electronic books where you can preview some miscellaneous pages. Otherwise, if you see something that might be useful, try a trip to your local library and see if they have a copy for a preview.

Some books sound good on the surface, others are.

It's part of the risk in buying something. I have a couple that did not work out as well as I would have liked... Oh well.:(

harsen
01-03-2007, 08:58 AM
Mr . jasno ,
I get struck up in the same question,

now u get the solution , If it so , plz send a message

Senthil

I woudl like a book that covers it all from start to finich and shows how to properly size ducting or how to analyze flows and thermal losses in different ducting sizes adn shapes.

I saw this one but I am not sure if it is good or not and wanted some suggestions:

Hvac Systems Duct Design (Paperback) - I saw it on Amazon

Peter_1
02-03-2007, 06:21 PM

Are you seraching for a cheap or a good book? That's a different question.
Cheap books are rarely good books.