PDA

View Full Version : Official TK news

reefermadness
20-02-2007, 02:53 PM
Would anyone be able to send me the official tk bulletin for the fuel problems that were discussed for the the tk 486 tier 1 engine?? I'm going to try oversizing the primary fuel line to the injection pump as per instruction, but it would be nice to have the real deal in my hands. Its impossible to get the info out of the dealers here. Anything would be great. Thanks for the help. :D

Now off to work on the Thunderbird on R-500....... feels like i'm working in a museum compared to you guys.

All the best,

reefermadness

Latte
20-02-2007, 10:27 PM
Now off to work on the Thunderbird on R-500....... feels like i'm working in a museum compared to you guys.

All the best,

reefermadness

Dont Knock it, That T-bird will still be going long after some of these new electronic beasts have given up the ghost. Lets face it 9 out of 10 times you get a t-bird running (As long as you have a supply of belts)

Regards

Raymond

jimgriffin4
21-02-2007, 01:33 AM
i have the 2006 top tech manual with tier 1 and tier 2 fuel issues but dont no how to send it i got a scanner wiil that work if so need help
email jimgriffin4@verizon.net

jimgriffin4
22-02-2007, 03:16 AM
the best thing to do is get a 10-387 kit it just came availible also i read the unofficial service bulletin a few days ago thats coming out soon for that problem
what i have found is the fuel fitting behind the compressor is very loose losing prime from that fitting back then when started it gets air in it and the small supply run out before the air can go back to the tank
if you had the 10-387 kit installed with that same problem it would run longer with more fuel in the supply line and get the air out before it stalled

Latte
22-02-2007, 11:44 PM
Stupid question i know :eek: but why not go back to the old way and have the fuel pipe go the whole length from the tank to the filters like they used to :confused:

Regards

Raymond