PDA

View Full Version : Training Requirement

Annie
20-02-2007, 12:46 PM
Can any one please help. I am looking for a training provider for dehumidification training situated within the UK ;)

Argus
20-02-2007, 12:59 PM

Welcome to the forum.

You didn’t mention at what level and I may be corrected soon, but I'm not certain that there are any full ‘courses’ as such on dehumidification in colleges.

If you are starting from basics, I would recommend you begin with a good book or course on Psychometrics, because you will need to understand the progress of air through its various conditions before anything else. It will help explain the relationship between energy, temperature and moisture. Unless you are moving very small quantities of air, also consider the basics of air movement.

Denco Air used to have a very good introduction to Psychometrics on their web site http://www.denco.co.uk/index.php - they seem to have removed it now, but I’m sure that you will get a copy if you write to them.

If you are considering more advanced technical product knowledge, I suggest you contact the various manufacturers of humidifiers and dehumidifiers of all types, Eaton Williams, Munters, Calorex et al. Google will help you there

Hope this helps.

Annie
20-02-2007, 02:19 PM
Thank you very much for the info supplied. I think I might have not been specific enough and I am really looking more for a familiarisation on dehumdification, not being of a technical background I apologise and appreciate any assistance that you might be able to provide

Annie:confused:

The Viking
20-02-2007, 04:53 PM
Annie,
It might be worth telling us about your specific problem, we might be able to help.

Gary
20-02-2007, 06:11 PM
Thank you very much for the info supplied. I think I might have not been specific enough and I am really looking more for a familiarisation on dehumdification, not being of a technical background I apologise and appreciate any assistance that you might be able to provide

Annie:confused:

As you lower the temperature of air, you decrease it's ability to hold moisture.

If you lower the temperature to a point where it is currently holding more moisture than it is capable of holding, water will drop out of the air.

If you then bring that air back up to it's original temperature, it will be dryer than it was before. It has been dehumidified.

There are also dessicant dehumidifiers, which in essence filter the moisture out of the air.

Do you need a more technical explanation?

Annie
21-02-2007, 10:24 AM
Hi and thankyou for your help

Hope this makes sense

" To educate a person in using the "Dry Air Method" as a tool to save valuable maintenance money, increase availability and reasidess and reduce Life Cycle Cost of equipment" How to use this method in a storage as well as an operational setting.
Moisture theory, how to avaoid high humidity and humidity damages. Principal solutions of removing moisture, measuring moisture and airflow. How and where to reduce maintenance costs.

Gary
21-02-2007, 11:34 AM
Possibly this refers to the "Munters Dry Air Method" which is a rotary dessicant method. Here is their URL:

http://www.munters.com/defence

Annie
22-02-2007, 08:02 AM
Thanks for your help, I have spoke with Munters and they can do a familiraisation for me.