PDA

View Full Version : fire shutdown

mwizard
17-02-2007, 01:13 AM
I have a daikin system to install a fire shut down on , on half is vrv 2 and the other is sky air sires , i have a dta card for the skyair and a krp card for the vrv2 , just need to know how to hook up the control cable

puddleboy3
18-02-2007, 10:34 AM
If you have an I controller then you can connect fire shut down to it. You should have a KRP4A that connects to the F1 F2 chain either at the outdoor unit/first or last unit / BS box. The DTA you have for the sky air gives the unit F1 F2 connections. So the KRP will shut down the full system including the sky air. The blue pot on the KRP has to be set up for fire shut down so that if there is a fire condition and the units shut down, when the fire alarm condition resets that the indoors have to be manualy started again. Hope this helps

frank
18-02-2007, 11:23 PM
Hi Puddleboy

I thought the KRP4A connected to the P1 P2 connections and the KRP2A connected to the F1 F2 comms?

I agree with the operation though... just connect across B1 BC with a volt or volt free connection, remembering to change the dip switch for volt or no volt.

Connecting a KRP4A will only shut down the individual units connected to the associated controller while the KRP2A will shut down the whole system if it is connected to the F1 F2 on the outdoor circuit (if it's connected to the BS box side F1 F2 it will only shut down the fan coil/s served by the BS box.

puddleboy3
19-02-2007, 08:09 AM
Hi Frank, im always getting the KRP's mixed up. I find the easy way to tell between them when looking at them is that the KRP2A has the yellow and orange F1 F2 connections and the KRP4A has black and white P1 P2 connections.

KayPoh
20-02-2007, 05:29 PM
I thought the best person to consult is Daikin. They will show us the exact things to do and make no mistake. Thats what we do.

frank
20-02-2007, 08:50 PM
I thought the best person to consult is Daikin. They will show us the exact things to do and make no mistake. Thats what we do.
Or someone who has a deep understanding of Daikin products based on years of experience and specific product training :) :)