PDA

View Full Version : Compressor for TVR Cerbera

Ireland
17-02-2007, 01:09 AM
I've never done much on vehicle air con but I'm trying to find out some info about a suitable replacement compressor for a TVR Cerbera.

The car is being rebuilt to a different spec to standard and a physically small compressor will be needed.

Do any of you know of a small unit, possibly off a Jap car, that might do the job?

I have no idea of duty, etc but, as the Cerb air con is not great in it's standard form, anything may suit.

Thanks.

Pooh
17-02-2007, 02:27 AM
Try looking up Air parts Europe, the guy there is fairly good at sorting problems.

Ian

old gas bottle
17-02-2007, 09:53 AM
arnt they a rover v8 based mill in them? just curious

slingblade
17-02-2007, 01:24 PM
I am inclined to say dont mess.
this has all the signs of huge expense and much headscratching.
mounting brackets, hose fittings, expansion valve size, belt size. etc.
glad im not doing it.:rolleyes:

Ireland
19-02-2007, 09:21 AM
arnt they a rover v8 based mill in them? just curious

No, the Cerb's have TVR's own engines, the AJP8 and Speed-6.

I am inclined to say dont mess.
this has all the signs of huge expense and much headscratching.
mounting brackets, hose fittings, expansion valve size, belt size. etc.
glad im not doing it.:rolleyes:

I'm not the one doing it.

In fact I'll probably only ever see it in pictures. :)

It came up on the PH forum and I just said I'd see if I could get some info.

Karl Hofmann
19-02-2007, 09:36 AM
How about a delphi variable displacement compressor off a BMW Mini or Vauxhall Astra? failing that the only physically smaller one that I can think of would be the Unicla made compressor that they fitted to a batch of Leyland Minis that were sent to Japan, I have one but I cant remember the model number, it is currently 60 miles away from me and it is due to be fitted to a Dolomite Sprint this Summer. stick with the original if you can, but then TVR aircon is a bit of a joke

Ireland
20-02-2007, 09:25 AM
Thanks for the help folks.

I'll keep passing it on to the people doing the job.

Karl Hofmann
21-02-2007, 01:16 AM
I noticed today that the compressor fitted to the Kia Piccanto is a very neat compact unit too and available in any breakers yard

cooled cars
20-03-2007, 10:09 PM
Hi there am with mr Hoffman on the bmw mini/astra comp but i would also suggest the compressor from fait punto 02reg or there abouts they are very compact and the metal pipework they are connected with fits flush to the body of the compressor ideal for tight spaces and easy to convert to other pipes
by braizing your own fittings on to the ends :confused: